Controversial Canadian Politician Rob Ford, Who Offered Guests to Have Sex with Own Wife, Confirmed in Rehab
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 12, 2014 11:21 AM EST
Controversial Canadian politician Rob Ford has been confirmed to be in rehab for a residential treatment programme for substance abuse.
The confirmation comes from CBC News which claimed that it talked with a doctor who is in charge of Ford's care at the rehab. The rehab is reportedly in North America and Ford has been there for about a week now. The doctor said that Ford arrived at the clinic on May 1. He left the clinic on May 3 after he had gone through a medical test. He was admitted in a hospital for four days and then returned to the rehab again on May 7. According to the doctor who preferred not to disclose his name, the Toronto mayor received "concurrent care" with the treatment facility.
A mock "missing persons" poster with a picture of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is seen in Toronto, May 7, 2014. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, who said last month he would take time off to get treatment for an alcohol problem, described rehab as "amazing" and said he would return in time for the upcoming city election, a Toronto newspaper reported on Wednesday. Ford gained global notoriety last year after he admitted he had smoked crack, bought illegal drugs and driven after drinking, but refused to step down or seek treatment.
The confirmation re-established the speculations that which made rounds after it had been disclosed that he did not go to the United States the previous week. Ford's brother Doug earlier claimed that he had "proof" that the politician was in rehab. The councillor, on the other hand, never produced the official statement which he had promised to be offering to the reporters. Huffington Post reported that the mayor's brother said that he wanted to "stop the speculation to let the people of Toronto know that Rob is taking this seriously, is getting treatment and that he wants to continue coming back and serving the people."
The Toronto mayor has always been quite controversial and attracted enough media attention. He had reportedly offered guests an opportunity to have sex with his wife. The report, published by Toronto Star, revealed the mayor's dark sides as he was heard taunting his wife by telling his friends to have sex with her. "You can f-k her if you want, in front of me ... she lets me f-k girls in front of her all the time," Ford said about his wife Renata. The comment apparently came after she called him "a f-ing idiot."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen