Boxing News 2014: Mexican Boxer Who Lost to Pacquiao Twice Joins Growing Clamour for Dream Match Between Pacman & Money May
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 12, 2014 8:40 AM EST
Another boxer has joined the growing clamour for the Dream Match between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr to take place. The call came this time from Mexican boxer Marco Antonio Barrera whom Pacquiao beat twice.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines hits undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. with a right during their title fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada April 12, 2014
Prospects for a match is being revived after Pacquiao won over American boxer Timothy Bradley on April 12 and Mayweather defeated Mexican pugilist Marcos Maidana on May 3.
Right after the Mayweather-Maidana fight, former world heavyweight champion and boxing icon Muhammad Ali dared Money May to take on the eight-division title holder from the Philippines. While the Filipino boxer and congressman is open to the bout, Mayweather has been silent, although he has agreed to a rematch with Maidana who has insisted he was robbed of victory in the ring.
Barrera, who was in Manila to support three Mexican boxers who faced Filipino opponents, said, "It has to happen for the people's sake."
Barrera held the title for super bantam weight and lineal weight of WBO and super featherweight for WBC/IBF.
However, Floyd Mayweather Sr believes that if his son would agree to the Dream Match, Money May would easily win. In an interview with Chris Robinson of HustleBoss.com, the elder Mayweather was quoted as saying, "That as easy ass fight."
He even stated that in the rematch between Floyd Jr and Maidana, it would be an easy victory for his son, boasting, "Floyd will beat Maidana I guarantee you in the next fight."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James