Boxing News 2014: Marcos Maidana Calls Floyd Mayweather a Baby Girl; Floyd Sr Not in Favor of Rematch With Son
By Vittorio Hernandez | May 12, 2014 8:32 AM EST
Unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather is known for speaking his mind, a trait he apparently got from his father who is not shy of making his opinion known.
Boxing fans would be surprised to know that Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana is capable also of trash talk. After his defeat in the ring which Maidana disputes and claims he was robbed of his title, upon arrival in Ezeiza, Argentina, the boxer had this to say which would likely invite a reply from the Mayweathers: "Mayweather is a baby girl, all the time trying to find excuses.:
World Boxing Council (WBC) welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (L) of the U.S. and World Boxing Association (WBA) champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina face off during an official weigh-in at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2, 2014. The two champions will meet in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the arena on May 3. REUTERS/Steve Marcus (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT BOXING)
He said that boxers are often intimidated by Money May because of the show he puts on the ring, but Maidana insists that it is not real. "Every time I hit him he did not know what to do."
There appears to be some truth to what the Argentinean champion says because he gave Mayweather a cut on the right eye which caused the latter difficulty for two rounds, although the referee ruled it was an accidental head butt.
Maidana is demanding a rematch now. Mayweather has said he is open to meeting again Maidana in the ring in September.
The elder Mayweather had previously agreed to the rematch, but reportedly has changed his mind. Hustle Boss had quoted the father of the boxer as saying, "It was a superb fighter against an mma fighter. He (Maidana) hit him on the balls. He hit him on the hip. He hit him with his head, butted his eyes. Beat him in the back of the head."
Mayweather Sr added, "Maidana don't deserve nothin'. With all that stuff that Maidana did ... if I was Floyd, I wouldn't fight him again."
However, it seems that for many boxing fans, the bigger interest is not on the Mayweather-Maidana rematch but a Pacquiao-Mayweather match. Among those who have recently pushed for the rematch is 1970s boxing icon and former heavyweight title holder Muhammad Ali.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks