'The Voice Australia' 2014 Review: Jess Berney vs Brittanie Shipway vs Elly Oh; More Four-Chair Contestants Revealed in Blind Auditions [Watch Videos]
By Arlene Paredes | May 12, 2014 5:49 AM EST
"The Voice Australia" 2014 (Season 3) is now on Week 2 of Blind Auditions. The latest contestant to make waves is Jess Berney, who performed "Pie Jesu," a piece of sacred music. Jess joins Brittanie Shipway and Elly Oh, among a few others, in this year's roster of 4-chair nods.
Singer Kylie Minogue arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014.
Watch Jess Berney in this YouTube clip uploaded by "Dr Dan Robinson." The first The Voice Australia coach to turn his seat for Barney was will.i.am. Ricky Martin was the last, but Jess chose Ricky anyway. A daughter of religious parents, Jess said the toughest thing she has done is "coming out."
Jess is the most recent The Voice Australia hopeful to earn the nod of the four coaches: Kylie Minogue, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin, and will.i.am. She joins Elly Oh (also on Team Ricky) and Brittanie Shipway (Team Kylie) in this feat.
About two million viewers watch The Voice Australia 2014 since it premiered a week ago. The competition is expected to heat up toward the end of Battle Rounds. However, as early as now, the audience already have their own favourites.
Brittanie Shipway and Elly Oh are only two of the most beautiful voices in this year's competition. Some contestants who did not get a four-chair approval are also good, so it is too early to predict whether the latest favourite, Jess Berney, has a good chance at staying up to The Voice Season 3 finale.
Watch the Blind Auditions of Brittanie Shipway and Elly Oh in the videos below, or go see The Voice Australia videos on YouTube.
So far, Kylie Minogue and will.i.am are drawing positive reviews for their choices in The Voice Season 3. While some fans are noting missing Seal and Delta Goodrem, the two new coaches are doing fine in keeping the viewers tuned in on Nine.
The latest episode (aired Sunday, May 11) clearly hyped up the Jess Berney story, prompting social media users to react. Viewers should note, however, that the competition has only just begun.
WATCH: Brittanie Shipway Sings 'On My Own' in Blind Auditions (Team Kylie)
WATCH: Elly Oh Sings 'Mamma Knows Best' in Blind Auditions (Team Ricky)
Some of the other early favourites in The Voice Australia Season 3 are: Mat Verevis, C Major (both got a 4-chair nod), and Lionel Cole. Check out the Coach-Contestants profiles on the show's official site (Click Here).
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'The Voice Australia' 2014 Review: Watch Blind Auditions Ep 2 Promo; Kylie Minogue vs Delta Goodrem; C Major vs Mat vs Lionel? [VIDEOS]
'American Idol' 2014 Top 4 Results, Review: Wildcard 'Jena' Irene in Top 3? Caleb Johnson or Jess Meuse Going Home in Predictions [Watch Videos]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0