'The Mentalist' Season 6 Spoilers: Bruno Heller, Simon Baker Talk 'Closure' in Finale, CBS Orders Season 7 [Watch Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | May 12, 2014 4:29 AM EST
"The Mentalist" Season 6 spoilers are focused on Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) and Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney). Series creator Bruno Heller and the two actors promise a "closure" in this season's finale, as CBS finally orders Season 7.
Actor Simon Baker watches the Boston Celtics play the Los Angeles Lakers during their NBA basketball game in Los Angeles, California March 11, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on The Mentalist Season 6. Read at your own risk.
In The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 20 ("Il Tavolo Bianco"), Patrick Jane tells Teresa Lisbon to do what makes her happy. Lisbon tears up, as she makes up her mind about relocating with FBI Special Agent Marcus Pike (Pedro Pascal).
Jisbon shippers are hoping for Jane and Lisbon to finally confront their love story on or before The Mentalist Season 6 finale. Red John is gone, and it is time for both characters to deal with their personal lives. However, in their last scene together, Jane does not stop Lisbon from leaving.
Based on the TV.com episode synopsis for The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 22 ("Blue Bird"), it seems Lisbon chooses Pike. It also says, however, that Jane will "examine his feelings for [Lisbon] and decide how to proceed."
The Mentalist Season 6 viewers "can expect closure," Robin Tunney told The Hollywood Reporter. In the same report, Bruno Heller said the fans will be "satisfied" by the finale. Simon Baker echoed there will be closure, but added "it will leave [the fans] craving more."
In this week's new episode, which is the penultimate episode of The Mentalist Season 6, the FBI delves deeper into the case of women abducted and killed for their vital organs. Patrick Jane engages Teresa Lisbon into another act to catch the bad guys.
"In the sixth-season finale, a new lead in a cold case surfaces, forcing Lisbon to postpone her plans to relocate, and this delay allows Jane to examine his feelings for her and decide how to proceed," reads the TV.com episode synopsis for The Mentalist Season 6 finale.
The Mentalist Season 7 could be the final season of the series. Bruno Heller himself describes it as "like an encore." It is about "giving [fans] what they want."
WATCH: The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 21, 'Black Hearts' Promo Video | CBS on YouTube
The Mentalist airs Sundays on CBS. It airs back-to-back with "The Good Wife," which has also been renewed for another season.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'The Mentalist' Season 6 Finale to Thrill Jisbon Fans? Series Rumoured to Exit CBS, Season 7 Airing in New Network? [Watch Mentalist 6x19 Promo Video]
'Revenge' Season 3 Finale Spoilers: 'Major' Characters Die, Victoria Grayson Finds the Truth; Season 4 Clues and Questions Expected [Watch Promo Video]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion vs Tywin Lannister in Big Confrontation, Daenerys Targaryen Rules, Theon Greyjoy Sees Hope [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery