'The Mentalist' Season 6 Spoilers: Bruno Heller, Simon Baker Talk 'Closure' in Finale, CBS Orders Season 7 [Watch Promo Video]
By Arlene Paredes | May 12, 2014 4:29 AM EST
"The Mentalist" Season 6 spoilers are focused on Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) and Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney). Series creator Bruno Heller and the two actors promise a "closure" in this season's finale, as CBS finally orders Season 7.
Actor Simon Baker watches the Boston Celtics play the Los Angeles Lakers during their NBA basketball game in Los Angeles, California March 11, 2012.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on The Mentalist Season 6. Read at your own risk.
In The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 20 ("Il Tavolo Bianco"), Patrick Jane tells Teresa Lisbon to do what makes her happy. Lisbon tears up, as she makes up her mind about relocating with FBI Special Agent Marcus Pike (Pedro Pascal).
Jisbon shippers are hoping for Jane and Lisbon to finally confront their love story on or before The Mentalist Season 6 finale. Red John is gone, and it is time for both characters to deal with their personal lives. However, in their last scene together, Jane does not stop Lisbon from leaving.
Based on the TV.com episode synopsis for The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 22 ("Blue Bird"), it seems Lisbon chooses Pike. It also says, however, that Jane will "examine his feelings for [Lisbon] and decide how to proceed."
The Mentalist Season 6 viewers "can expect closure," Robin Tunney told The Hollywood Reporter. In the same report, Bruno Heller said the fans will be "satisfied" by the finale. Simon Baker echoed there will be closure, but added "it will leave [the fans] craving more."
In this week's new episode, which is the penultimate episode of The Mentalist Season 6, the FBI delves deeper into the case of women abducted and killed for their vital organs. Patrick Jane engages Teresa Lisbon into another act to catch the bad guys.
"In the sixth-season finale, a new lead in a cold case surfaces, forcing Lisbon to postpone her plans to relocate, and this delay allows Jane to examine his feelings for her and decide how to proceed," reads the TV.com episode synopsis for The Mentalist Season 6 finale.
The Mentalist Season 7 could be the final season of the series. Bruno Heller himself describes it as "like an encore." It is about "giving [fans] what they want."
WATCH: The Mentalist Season 6, Episode 21, 'Black Hearts' Promo Video | CBS on YouTube
The Mentalist airs Sundays on CBS. It airs back-to-back with "The Good Wife," which has also been renewed for another season.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'The Mentalist' Season 6 Finale to Thrill Jisbon Fans? Series Rumoured to Exit CBS, Season 7 Airing in New Network? [Watch Mentalist 6x19 Promo Video]
'Revenge' Season 3 Finale Spoilers: 'Major' Characters Die, Victoria Grayson Finds the Truth; Season 4 Clues and Questions Expected [Watch Promo Video]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Tyrion vs Tywin Lannister in Big Confrontation, Daenerys Targaryen Rules, Theon Greyjoy Sees Hope [Watch Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People