‘Supernatural’ Star Misha Collins On What's Next For Castiel As He Becomes Season 10 Regular
By Anne Lu | May 12, 2014 3:53 AM EST
“Supernatural” star Misha Collins has finally been guaranteed for season 10. Also, the fans will never know what happens to the monster factions in Chicago after its planned spin-off series “Supernatural: Bloodlines failed to be picked up by The CW network.
After months of keeping fans in suspense, the U.S. TV network has finally announced that it will bring back Castiel for the upcoming season as Collins has signed on as series regular.
Collins made his debut on the fantasy series in the season four premiere as Castiel, the overcoat-wearing angel who told Dean Winchester (played by Jensen Ackles), “I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.”
He was originally just expected to appear for a few episodes after saving Dean from hell, but the fans loved him so much so that the producers extended his contract.
And like Ackles and Jared Padalecki (who plays Dean’s brother Sam), Collins is considered to be one of the show’s leads.
However, Castiel fans had been worried for his future in the show as he did not have a contract yet for season 10. The show got its early renewal in February.
On Friday, the producers decided to end the fans’ suffering after announcing that Collins is guaranteed for the next season.
So what’s left for the well-meaning, if though a little naïve, angel?
“I don’t know what is left other than cross-dressing Cas. He’s been crazy, he’s been megalomaniacal, he’s been contrite, he’s been self-loathing, he’s been whimsical, he’s been human, he’s been a leviathan,” Collins told E! News.
“I think there’s enough here they want to go back down any of those roads, there’s plenty to mine. But he has not done cross-dressing yet, so that is a pretty wide-open field right there!”
With the season finale is just two episodes away on May 20, executive producer Jeremy Carver has left his little teaser for the fans to ponder on: “All bets are off when Sam, Dean and Castiel take the fight to Metatron. Uneasy alliances and brutal choices await… all culminating in shocking consequences.”
Meanwhile, the planned spin-off, “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” was cancelled even before it began.
Despite being introduced in an episode in “Supernatural,” “Bloodlines,” originally titled “Tribes,” did not capture positive reactions from fans. Hence, the most logical step to take next is to just axe the planned series.
The CW also cancelled its other shows, “The Tomorrow People,” “The Carrie Diaries,” and “Star-Crossed.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier