‘Supernatural’ Star Misha Collins On What's Next For Castiel As He Becomes Season 10 Regular
By Anne Lu | May 12, 2014 3:53 AM EST
“Supernatural” star Misha Collins has finally been guaranteed for season 10. Also, the fans will never know what happens to the monster factions in Chicago after its planned spin-off series “Supernatural: Bloodlines failed to be picked up by The CW network.
After months of keeping fans in suspense, the U.S. TV network has finally announced that it will bring back Castiel for the upcoming season as Collins has signed on as series regular.
Collins made his debut on the fantasy series in the season four premiere as Castiel, the overcoat-wearing angel who told Dean Winchester (played by Jensen Ackles), “I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.”
He was originally just expected to appear for a few episodes after saving Dean from hell, but the fans loved him so much so that the producers extended his contract.
And like Ackles and Jared Padalecki (who plays Dean’s brother Sam), Collins is considered to be one of the show’s leads.
However, Castiel fans had been worried for his future in the show as he did not have a contract yet for season 10. The show got its early renewal in February.
On Friday, the producers decided to end the fans’ suffering after announcing that Collins is guaranteed for the next season.
So what’s left for the well-meaning, if though a little naïve, angel?
“I don’t know what is left other than cross-dressing Cas. He’s been crazy, he’s been megalomaniacal, he’s been contrite, he’s been self-loathing, he’s been whimsical, he’s been human, he’s been a leviathan,” Collins told E! News.
“I think there’s enough here they want to go back down any of those roads, there’s plenty to mine. But he has not done cross-dressing yet, so that is a pretty wide-open field right there!”
With the season finale is just two episodes away on May 20, executive producer Jeremy Carver has left his little teaser for the fans to ponder on: “All bets are off when Sam, Dean and Castiel take the fight to Metatron. Uneasy alliances and brutal choices await… all culminating in shocking consequences.”
Meanwhile, the planned spin-off, “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” was cancelled even before it began.
Despite being introduced in an episode in “Supernatural,” “Bloodlines,” originally titled “Tribes,” did not capture positive reactions from fans. Hence, the most logical step to take next is to just axe the planned series.
The CW also cancelled its other shows, “The Tomorrow People,” “The Carrie Diaries,” and “Star-Crossed.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak: Chrome Stormtrooper Commander and Trooper May Guard The New Villain
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown