‘Supernatural’ Star Misha Collins On What's Next For Castiel As He Becomes Season 10 Regular
By Anne Lu | May 12, 2014 3:53 AM EST
“Supernatural” star Misha Collins has finally been guaranteed for season 10. Also, the fans will never know what happens to the monster factions in Chicago after its planned spin-off series “Supernatural: Bloodlines failed to be picked up by The CW network.
After months of keeping fans in suspense, the U.S. TV network has finally announced that it will bring back Castiel for the upcoming season as Collins has signed on as series regular.
Collins made his debut on the fantasy series in the season four premiere as Castiel, the overcoat-wearing angel who told Dean Winchester (played by Jensen Ackles), “I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.”
He was originally just expected to appear for a few episodes after saving Dean from hell, but the fans loved him so much so that the producers extended his contract.
And like Ackles and Jared Padalecki (who plays Dean’s brother Sam), Collins is considered to be one of the show’s leads.
However, Castiel fans had been worried for his future in the show as he did not have a contract yet for season 10. The show got its early renewal in February.
On Friday, the producers decided to end the fans’ suffering after announcing that Collins is guaranteed for the next season.
So what’s left for the well-meaning, if though a little naïve, angel?
“I don’t know what is left other than cross-dressing Cas. He’s been crazy, he’s been megalomaniacal, he’s been contrite, he’s been self-loathing, he’s been whimsical, he’s been human, he’s been a leviathan,” Collins told E! News.
“I think there’s enough here they want to go back down any of those roads, there’s plenty to mine. But he has not done cross-dressing yet, so that is a pretty wide-open field right there!”
With the season finale is just two episodes away on May 20, executive producer Jeremy Carver has left his little teaser for the fans to ponder on: “All bets are off when Sam, Dean and Castiel take the fight to Metatron. Uneasy alliances and brutal choices await… all culminating in shocking consequences.”
Meanwhile, the planned spin-off, “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” was cancelled even before it began.
Despite being introduced in an episode in “Supernatural,” “Bloodlines,” originally titled “Tribes,” did not capture positive reactions from fans. Hence, the most logical step to take next is to just axe the planned series.
The CW also cancelled its other shows, “The Tomorrow People,” “The Carrie Diaries,” and “Star-Crossed.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff