‘Supernatural’ Star Misha Collins On What's Next For Castiel As He Becomes Season 10 Regular
By Anne Lu | May 12, 2014 3:53 AM EST
“Supernatural” star Misha Collins has finally been guaranteed for season 10. Also, the fans will never know what happens to the monster factions in Chicago after its planned spin-off series “Supernatural: Bloodlines failed to be picked up by The CW network.
After months of keeping fans in suspense, the U.S. TV network has finally announced that it will bring back Castiel for the upcoming season as Collins has signed on as series regular.
Collins made his debut on the fantasy series in the season four premiere as Castiel, the overcoat-wearing angel who told Dean Winchester (played by Jensen Ackles), “I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.”
He was originally just expected to appear for a few episodes after saving Dean from hell, but the fans loved him so much so that the producers extended his contract.
And like Ackles and Jared Padalecki (who plays Dean’s brother Sam), Collins is considered to be one of the show’s leads.
However, Castiel fans had been worried for his future in the show as he did not have a contract yet for season 10. The show got its early renewal in February.
On Friday, the producers decided to end the fans’ suffering after announcing that Collins is guaranteed for the next season.
So what’s left for the well-meaning, if though a little naïve, angel?
“I don’t know what is left other than cross-dressing Cas. He’s been crazy, he’s been megalomaniacal, he’s been contrite, he’s been self-loathing, he’s been whimsical, he’s been human, he’s been a leviathan,” Collins told E! News.
“I think there’s enough here they want to go back down any of those roads, there’s plenty to mine. But he has not done cross-dressing yet, so that is a pretty wide-open field right there!”
With the season finale is just two episodes away on May 20, executive producer Jeremy Carver has left his little teaser for the fans to ponder on: “All bets are off when Sam, Dean and Castiel take the fight to Metatron. Uneasy alliances and brutal choices await… all culminating in shocking consequences.”
Meanwhile, the planned spin-off, “Supernatural: Bloodlines,” was cancelled even before it began.
Despite being introduced in an episode in “Supernatural,” “Bloodlines,” originally titled “Tribes,” did not capture positive reactions from fans. Hence, the most logical step to take next is to just axe the planned series.
The CW also cancelled its other shows, “The Tomorrow People,” “The Carrie Diaries,” and “Star-Crossed.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen