San Antonio Spurs Dominate Portland Trail Blazers in Game 3 Again, Near Series Sweep
May 11, 2014 3:24 PM EST
San Antonio Spurs Dominate Portland Trail Blazers in Game 3 Again, Nears Series Sweep
The Portland Trail Blazers are just outclassed and outmatched in their series versus the San Antonio Spurs. Tony Parker ran circles around his defenders once again and helped the Spurs to an easy 118-103 win in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals.
The Spurs won Game 1 and Game 2 by 24 and 17 points, respectively and now by 15 points. Parker finished with 29 points on 12-of-20 shooting from the field and added 6 assists. Tim Duncan had 19 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists while Kawhi Leonard had 16 markers and 10 boards.
San Antonio ran out to a 10-point lead after the first quarter, 28-18 and added 10 more by halftime, 60-40. Portland made a run in the third quarter but could not sustain it as the Spurs opened up the game again for the blowout victory.
All five Trail Blazers starters ended up in double-figure scoring but defense is their problem all-series long. On the average they give up 116.0 per game to these Spurs, which are one win away from the unexpected sweep.
Game 4 is on Monday still at the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon.
View the slideshow for more images from Game 3 of the Spurs-Trail Blazers series.
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales