Brooklyn Nets Take Game 3, Cut Down 2-1 Series Lead Against Miami Heat
By James Patrick Quizon | May 11, 2014 2:18 PM EST
After the Miami Heat dominated the first two game in the Eastern Conference Semifinals, the Brooklyn Nets are back in this best-of-seven series after convincingly winning Game 3 to the tune of 104-90 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Heat still lead the series, 2-1 but the Nets can tie it on Monday's Game 4.
Brooklyn used the third quarter to create some distance off the defending champions. They outscored Miami, 26-14 in that period behind a barrage of three-pointers. The Nets had a total of 15 field goals made from behind the arc for the game shooting a sizzling 15-of-25 3FG or 60.0 per cent.
Joe Johnson hit 5-of-7 three-pointers for 19 points. He also added 6 assists. All Nets starters contributed in this one: Paul Pierce had 14 points, Kevin Garnett had 10 points, Deron Williams had 9 points and 11 assists and Shaun Livingston added 12 markers.
Brooklyn's bench also came up big outscoring the Miami's reserves, 48-25 led by Andre Blatche's playoff career-high 15 points (5-10 FG) and added 10 boards. Mirza Teletovic had a dozen points shooting 4-of-7 from behind the arc.
The Heat got 28 points from LeBron James, 20 from Dwyane Wade but had little help elsewhere.
View the slideshow for more images from the Heat-Nets game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report