Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Lure Chelsea Striker to the Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 10, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be interested in signing outgoing Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o on a free-transfer this summer.
The Cameroon international has a contract that will end in June and will be unlikely be renewed because of his advancing age.
Arsenal are eyeing Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o for a free move this summer
The 33-year-old is targeted by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as a reliever to first-choice forward Olivier Giroud, who had fatigue issues because he was sucked dry in some stretches of the ongoing season.
Eto'o has contributed 12 goals and 7 assists since moving in from Russian giants Anzhi Makhachkala, proving that he could deliver once called-upon, especially, in big games.
The former Barcelona man could prove to be a bargain, considering that he can provide additional leadership to a relatively young squad without compromising quality.
Flops Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner are expected to be leaving in the upcoming window due playing time concerns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match