Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Lure Chelsea Striker to the Emirates
By Mark Wayne Eubank | May 10, 2014 6:37 PM EST
Arsenal are reported to be interested in signing outgoing Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o on a free-transfer this summer.
The Cameroon international has a contract that will end in June and will be unlikely be renewed because of his advancing age.
Arsenal are eyeing Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o for a free move this summer
The 33-year-old is targeted by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as a reliever to first-choice forward Olivier Giroud, who had fatigue issues because he was sucked dry in some stretches of the ongoing season.
Eto'o has contributed 12 goals and 7 assists since moving in from Russian giants Anzhi Makhachkala, proving that he could deliver once called-upon, especially, in big games.
The former Barcelona man could prove to be a bargain, considering that he can provide additional leadership to a relatively young squad without compromising quality.
Flops Lukas Podolski and Nicklas Bendtner are expected to be leaving in the upcoming window due playing time concerns.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them