Motorola’s Next Handset to Roll Out in May
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Motorola has reportedly been bought by Lenovo. Before the release of a new handset with this collaboration, Motorola sends an invitation for its next smartphone to be launched by May 13.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The invitation read: "Connect more people to the world's information and each other, and they can do great things. Introducing the next smartphone from Motorola to make these connections happen. Made to last. Priced for all."
Unlike its big Android competitors, Motorola seems to be diverting its line from the premium market and focusing on building more affordable devices.
Motorola already has such a device in its package, Moto G, which was received well in the market. Perhaps, it could be either a successor to that phone or a handset going even further down in price. This indicates the company gears up to launch another low-cost device like Moto G.
It is likely that the upcoming smartphone could be a Moto E handset. It's expected to have a 4.3-inch HD screen and 5 MP rear camera, powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of internal memory that can be extended through a microSD card. A 1900 mAh battery is seen along with Android 4.4 KitKat, dual SIM functionality and digital TV tuner. The Moto E is a toned down version of the popular Moto G with the speculated width of a mere 6.2 mm.
The invite also indicates at a phone made to last with water and dust resistance. Also, it is important to notice that the timing of the launch means that Motorola was already working on a product while still part of Google. This is the first big launch since it got along with Lenovo.
The current Moto G handset helped Motorola's market share in the UK to reach 6 percent within six months after its release. Motorola has already proven that it knows how to make a cheap smartphone worth-buying and that is why it is running with a similar price formula again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares