Motorola’s Next Handset to Roll Out in May
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Motorola has reportedly been bought by Lenovo. Before the release of a new handset with this collaboration, Motorola sends an invitation for its next smartphone to be launched by May 13.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The invitation read: "Connect more people to the world's information and each other, and they can do great things. Introducing the next smartphone from Motorola to make these connections happen. Made to last. Priced for all."
Unlike its big Android competitors, Motorola seems to be diverting its line from the premium market and focusing on building more affordable devices.
Motorola already has such a device in its package, Moto G, which was received well in the market. Perhaps, it could be either a successor to that phone or a handset going even further down in price. This indicates the company gears up to launch another low-cost device like Moto G.
It is likely that the upcoming smartphone could be a Moto E handset. It's expected to have a 4.3-inch HD screen and 5 MP rear camera, powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of internal memory that can be extended through a microSD card. A 1900 mAh battery is seen along with Android 4.4 KitKat, dual SIM functionality and digital TV tuner. The Moto E is a toned down version of the popular Moto G with the speculated width of a mere 6.2 mm.
The invite also indicates at a phone made to last with water and dust resistance. Also, it is important to notice that the timing of the launch means that Motorola was already working on a product while still part of Google. This is the first big launch since it got along with Lenovo.
The current Moto G handset helped Motorola's market share in the UK to reach 6 percent within six months after its release. Motorola has already proven that it knows how to make a cheap smartphone worth-buying and that is why it is running with a similar price formula again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored