Motorola’s Next Handset to Roll Out in May
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Motorola has reportedly been bought by Lenovo. Before the release of a new handset with this collaboration, Motorola sends an invitation for its next smartphone to be launched by May 13.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The invitation read: "Connect more people to the world's information and each other, and they can do great things. Introducing the next smartphone from Motorola to make these connections happen. Made to last. Priced for all."
Unlike its big Android competitors, Motorola seems to be diverting its line from the premium market and focusing on building more affordable devices.
Motorola already has such a device in its package, Moto G, which was received well in the market. Perhaps, it could be either a successor to that phone or a handset going even further down in price. This indicates the company gears up to launch another low-cost device like Moto G.
It is likely that the upcoming smartphone could be a Moto E handset. It's expected to have a 4.3-inch HD screen and 5 MP rear camera, powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of internal memory that can be extended through a microSD card. A 1900 mAh battery is seen along with Android 4.4 KitKat, dual SIM functionality and digital TV tuner. The Moto E is a toned down version of the popular Moto G with the speculated width of a mere 6.2 mm.
The invite also indicates at a phone made to last with water and dust resistance. Also, it is important to notice that the timing of the launch means that Motorola was already working on a product while still part of Google. This is the first big launch since it got along with Lenovo.
The current Moto G handset helped Motorola's market share in the UK to reach 6 percent within six months after its release. Motorola has already proven that it knows how to make a cheap smartphone worth-buying and that is why it is running with a similar price formula again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More