Motorola’s Next Handset to Roll Out in May
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Motorola has reportedly been bought by Lenovo. Before the release of a new handset with this collaboration, Motorola sends an invitation for its next smartphone to be launched by May 13.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.
The invitation read: "Connect more people to the world's information and each other, and they can do great things. Introducing the next smartphone from Motorola to make these connections happen. Made to last. Priced for all."
Unlike its big Android competitors, Motorola seems to be diverting its line from the premium market and focusing on building more affordable devices.
Motorola already has such a device in its package, Moto G, which was received well in the market. Perhaps, it could be either a successor to that phone or a handset going even further down in price. This indicates the company gears up to launch another low-cost device like Moto G.
It is likely that the upcoming smartphone could be a Moto E handset. It's expected to have a 4.3-inch HD screen and 5 MP rear camera, powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM and 4 GB of internal memory that can be extended through a microSD card. A 1900 mAh battery is seen along with Android 4.4 KitKat, dual SIM functionality and digital TV tuner. The Moto E is a toned down version of the popular Moto G with the speculated width of a mere 6.2 mm.
The invite also indicates at a phone made to last with water and dust resistance. Also, it is important to notice that the timing of the launch means that Motorola was already working on a product while still part of Google. This is the first big launch since it got along with Lenovo.
The current Moto G handset helped Motorola's market share in the UK to reach 6 percent within six months after its release. Motorola has already proven that it knows how to make a cheap smartphone worth-buying and that is why it is running with a similar price formula again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans