Best Deals For MacBook Air 2013 And 2014 Models
By Judith Aparri | May 10, 2014 1:44 PM EST
Great deals are available these days for MacBook Air.
Apple's most affordable notebooks currently cost about $899. But retailers are selling the models of the previous year from $799. Deals include tax-savings options and special discount promos. Also, the May ushers with attractive deals in time for Mother's Day on May 11.
If you are in the market for an Apple notebook, check these out. This can be the best time to buy. Promo runs a week while supplies last.
MacBook in MacMall, B&H Photo, Adorama and Amazon
For those interested in the new 2014 MacBook Airs, MacMall has a special low price offer of the new models, including MacBook Air Pros and MacBook Airs. Use the price guides of AppleInsider to enter into MacMall's Promo Code field. MacMall also offers free shipping with only sales tax charges to some states like California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
B&H Photo charges sales only on orders from New York while Adorama charges tax on orders delivered to New York and New Jersey. Meanwhile, Amazon charges sales tax only for orders delivered to Arizona, California, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.
2013 MacBooks Are on Sale
MacBook Airs of 2013 are identical to the 2014 MacBook Air models, except for the 100 MHz increase of clock speed from 1.3 GHz to 1.4 GHz. Even their part numbers have only slight differences, with Apple tweaking the previous year's items from MD711LL/A to MD711LL/B, for instance.
According to Apple Insider, these MacBook Air deals are in time when the new models were introduced. B&H Photo, Best Buy, MacMall and others slash the price of their 2013 models by up to $200 until the product sells out. Check them out here.
Trading Off Old MacBook
To help cover the cost of buying a new MacBook Air, you might consider trading off your old MacBook notebook. Check out buyback services like Gazelle and others. For example, a 13-inch good conditioned MacBook Air will sell in Gazelle for about $400.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3