'Power Rangers' Movie on the Brew, Liam Hemsworth to Play Red Ranger?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 10, 2014 1:39 PM EST
"Power Rangers" will soon to hit the big screen. Lionsgate with Saban Brands, the original producers of the long-running live action series, is doing another Power Rangers movie.
Lionsgate and Saban Brands announced that a new "Power Rangers" movie is already on the talk and will be shown in the big screen. Although it was not yet confirmed whether it will be geared toward kids or it would take steps higher steps to cater young adults, "Power Rangers" Creator Haim Saban on its released statement on MTV expressed it will be unique than that of the first Power Rangers movie, "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie," that was released in 1995. The new film aims to create a legacy of its own.
"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level, they have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from "The Hunger Games" to "Twilight" and "Divergent," Saban said in a report by IGN.
He also shared he is confident of Lionsgate's ability to "capture the world of the Power Rangers," making it a memorable and will create a mark of its own.
Fans are excited with this update, with one sharing that hearing the news of the remake made his day. While it is yet to be known who will cast the film, there is a lot of possibilities for the upcoming "Power Rangers" remake.
Meanwhile, a possible fantasy cast for the "Power Rangers" characters was predicted by MTV. The music and entertainment network Web site named Liam Hemsworth a worthy contender for the character of Jason, the Red Ranger. Hemsworth's good looks and built have been attributed to make him an effective actor for the role.
Other artists casted were Michael B. Jordan as Tommy or Green Ranger, Chloe Grace Moretz as Kimberly or Pink Ranger, Jack Gleeson as Billy or Blue Ranger, Jamie Chung as Trini or Yellow Ranger, Roshon Fegan as Zach or Black Ranger, Jason David Frank as Zordon, Meryl Streep as Rita Repulsa and Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele as Bulk and Skull.
Despite the announcement, Lionsgate and Saban have yet to announce a target released date for the upcoming "Power Rangers" movie.
So they are remaking the Power Rangers movie. My Wednesday has been made.
— Dustin Belt (@dbeltwrites) May 7, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)