'Power Rangers' Movie on the Brew, Liam Hemsworth to Play Red Ranger?
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 10, 2014 1:39 PM EST
"Power Rangers" will soon to hit the big screen. Lionsgate with Saban Brands, the original producers of the long-running live action series, is doing another Power Rangers movie.
Lionsgate and Saban Brands announced that a new "Power Rangers" movie is already on the talk and will be shown in the big screen. Although it was not yet confirmed whether it will be geared toward kids or it would take steps higher steps to cater young adults, "Power Rangers" Creator Haim Saban on its released statement on MTV expressed it will be unique than that of the first Power Rangers movie, "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie," that was released in 1995. The new film aims to create a legacy of its own.
"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level, they have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from "The Hunger Games" to "Twilight" and "Divergent," Saban said in a report by IGN.
He also shared he is confident of Lionsgate's ability to "capture the world of the Power Rangers," making it a memorable and will create a mark of its own.
Fans are excited with this update, with one sharing that hearing the news of the remake made his day. While it is yet to be known who will cast the film, there is a lot of possibilities for the upcoming "Power Rangers" remake.
Meanwhile, a possible fantasy cast for the "Power Rangers" characters was predicted by MTV. The music and entertainment network Web site named Liam Hemsworth a worthy contender for the character of Jason, the Red Ranger. Hemsworth's good looks and built have been attributed to make him an effective actor for the role.
Other artists casted were Michael B. Jordan as Tommy or Green Ranger, Chloe Grace Moretz as Kimberly or Pink Ranger, Jack Gleeson as Billy or Blue Ranger, Jamie Chung as Trini or Yellow Ranger, Roshon Fegan as Zach or Black Ranger, Jason David Frank as Zordon, Meryl Streep as Rita Repulsa and Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele as Bulk and Skull.
Despite the announcement, Lionsgate and Saban have yet to announce a target released date for the upcoming "Power Rangers" movie.
So they are remaking the Power Rangers movie. My Wednesday has been made.
— Dustin Belt (@dbeltwrites) May 7, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2