Mother's Day 2014: Easy DIY Gifts For Moms
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Mother's Day, which falls on May 11 this year, is the time when children and even adults visit different stores and boutiques to get their mothers a present as a token of appreciation.
Presents depend on the savings in the piggy bank for the kids, and the pay check budget for those working. Maybe this year, a change of that tradition should be observed. A mother appreciates the efforts of her children, especially when the gift is personalized or something that is uniquely made for her.
Many people do this to several things like a mug. This is the simplest. A big mug printed with a message can be enough. Colored glues with glitters are available in school supplies stores. Instead of buying a card, there's always an option to create. There are tons of ways to do with a customized card. Papers, glues, stickers, colored pens, etc., are available at local school supplies shop.
Make a Scrapbook
A well-crafted photo album can also work with messages from your siblings, dad and other people close to her. Place the photos in it and all the memorable and fun stuff with mom. A sequence of photos reminiscing her youth to your best family moments would be heart-warming.
Create a Video
Get creative with moviemaker. A sequence of her solo shots, her memorable experiences, photos with the family, her friends, co-workers, etc. can be exciting to touch a mother's heart. Her favorite songs should be included in the movie as the background while the photos are moving, including inspiring quotes.
Cook For Mom
A mother needs to feel special. For those who love cooking but never did get the chance to do it, now is the time. Take note of her schedule. If she's fast-paced during breakfast and has to go to work only minutes after waking up, you may surprise her over dinner. A candlelight dinner would be a great idea and everyone in the family can help pull this off.
Strategically place candles around your house, and scatter petals on the floor from the door to the dining room. Once she opens the door, the trail of petals will lead her to the dining room. When she gets there, everybody will say out loud: Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Well, the greeting can be changed. Other people might prefer saying a different greeting.
People can please their mothers even in their smallest little ways. Big purchases are not necessary to make. These are the little ways that give her an assurance that she is loved. That's her most favorite part of the gift.
Mother's Day only happens once a year, so children should better conjure their creativity for their mother's happiness. For those who don't have ideas yet, perhaps these several things can become an inspiration. Consider these a jumpstart for creative engines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools