Mother's Day 2014: Easy DIY Gifts For Moms
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Mother's Day, which falls on May 11 this year, is the time when children and even adults visit different stores and boutiques to get their mothers a present as a token of appreciation.
Presents depend on the savings in the piggy bank for the kids, and the pay check budget for those working. Maybe this year, a change of that tradition should be observed. A mother appreciates the efforts of her children, especially when the gift is personalized or something that is uniquely made for her.
Many people do this to several things like a mug. This is the simplest. A big mug printed with a message can be enough. Colored glues with glitters are available in school supplies stores. Instead of buying a card, there's always an option to create. There are tons of ways to do with a customized card. Papers, glues, stickers, colored pens, etc., are available at local school supplies shop.
Make a Scrapbook
A well-crafted photo album can also work with messages from your siblings, dad and other people close to her. Place the photos in it and all the memorable and fun stuff with mom. A sequence of photos reminiscing her youth to your best family moments would be heart-warming.
Create a Video
Get creative with moviemaker. A sequence of her solo shots, her memorable experiences, photos with the family, her friends, co-workers, etc. can be exciting to touch a mother's heart. Her favorite songs should be included in the movie as the background while the photos are moving, including inspiring quotes.
Cook For Mom
A mother needs to feel special. For those who love cooking but never did get the chance to do it, now is the time. Take note of her schedule. If she's fast-paced during breakfast and has to go to work only minutes after waking up, you may surprise her over dinner. A candlelight dinner would be a great idea and everyone in the family can help pull this off.
Strategically place candles around your house, and scatter petals on the floor from the door to the dining room. Once she opens the door, the trail of petals will lead her to the dining room. When she gets there, everybody will say out loud: Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Well, the greeting can be changed. Other people might prefer saying a different greeting.
People can please their mothers even in their smallest little ways. Big purchases are not necessary to make. These are the little ways that give her an assurance that she is loved. That's her most favorite part of the gift.
Mother's Day only happens once a year, so children should better conjure their creativity for their mother's happiness. For those who don't have ideas yet, perhaps these several things can become an inspiration. Consider these a jumpstart for creative engines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- British Cleric Accused of Urging James Foley Executioner; Predicted ISIS Will Fight in the West
- Amish Girls Abducted, Handcuffed And Used As Sex Slaves
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected