Mother's Day 2014: Easy DIY Gifts For Moms
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Mother's Day, which falls on May 11 this year, is the time when children and even adults visit different stores and boutiques to get their mothers a present as a token of appreciation.
Presents depend on the savings in the piggy bank for the kids, and the pay check budget for those working. Maybe this year, a change of that tradition should be observed. A mother appreciates the efforts of her children, especially when the gift is personalized or something that is uniquely made for her.
Many people do this to several things like a mug. This is the simplest. A big mug printed with a message can be enough. Colored glues with glitters are available in school supplies stores. Instead of buying a card, there's always an option to create. There are tons of ways to do with a customized card. Papers, glues, stickers, colored pens, etc., are available at local school supplies shop.
Make a Scrapbook
A well-crafted photo album can also work with messages from your siblings, dad and other people close to her. Place the photos in it and all the memorable and fun stuff with mom. A sequence of photos reminiscing her youth to your best family moments would be heart-warming.
Create a Video
Get creative with moviemaker. A sequence of her solo shots, her memorable experiences, photos with the family, her friends, co-workers, etc. can be exciting to touch a mother's heart. Her favorite songs should be included in the movie as the background while the photos are moving, including inspiring quotes.
Cook For Mom
A mother needs to feel special. For those who love cooking but never did get the chance to do it, now is the time. Take note of her schedule. If she's fast-paced during breakfast and has to go to work only minutes after waking up, you may surprise her over dinner. A candlelight dinner would be a great idea and everyone in the family can help pull this off.
Strategically place candles around your house, and scatter petals on the floor from the door to the dining room. Once she opens the door, the trail of petals will lead her to the dining room. When she gets there, everybody will say out loud: Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Well, the greeting can be changed. Other people might prefer saying a different greeting.
People can please their mothers even in their smallest little ways. Big purchases are not necessary to make. These are the little ways that give her an assurance that she is loved. That's her most favorite part of the gift.
Mother's Day only happens once a year, so children should better conjure their creativity for their mother's happiness. For those who don't have ideas yet, perhaps these several things can become an inspiration. Consider these a jumpstart for creative engines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- MH370 Search Update: Was Reported That Experts Claim To Know The Possible Location; Suggest Authorities To Look ‘Further South In The Indian Ocean’
- 2014 Lunar Eclipse: Where To Best View Total Lunar Eclipse Peak On October 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build