Mother's Day 2014: Easy DIY Gifts For Moms
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 10, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Mother's Day, which falls on May 11 this year, is the time when children and even adults visit different stores and boutiques to get their mothers a present as a token of appreciation.
Presents depend on the savings in the piggy bank for the kids, and the pay check budget for those working. Maybe this year, a change of that tradition should be observed. A mother appreciates the efforts of her children, especially when the gift is personalized or something that is uniquely made for her.
Many people do this to several things like a mug. This is the simplest. A big mug printed with a message can be enough. Colored glues with glitters are available in school supplies stores. Instead of buying a card, there's always an option to create. There are tons of ways to do with a customized card. Papers, glues, stickers, colored pens, etc., are available at local school supplies shop.
Make a Scrapbook
A well-crafted photo album can also work with messages from your siblings, dad and other people close to her. Place the photos in it and all the memorable and fun stuff with mom. A sequence of photos reminiscing her youth to your best family moments would be heart-warming.
Create a Video
Get creative with moviemaker. A sequence of her solo shots, her memorable experiences, photos with the family, her friends, co-workers, etc. can be exciting to touch a mother's heart. Her favorite songs should be included in the movie as the background while the photos are moving, including inspiring quotes.
Cook For Mom
A mother needs to feel special. For those who love cooking but never did get the chance to do it, now is the time. Take note of her schedule. If she's fast-paced during breakfast and has to go to work only minutes after waking up, you may surprise her over dinner. A candlelight dinner would be a great idea and everyone in the family can help pull this off.
Strategically place candles around your house, and scatter petals on the floor from the door to the dining room. Once she opens the door, the trail of petals will lead her to the dining room. When she gets there, everybody will say out loud: Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Well, the greeting can be changed. Other people might prefer saying a different greeting.
People can please their mothers even in their smallest little ways. Big purchases are not necessary to make. These are the little ways that give her an assurance that she is loved. That's her most favorite part of the gift.
Mother's Day only happens once a year, so children should better conjure their creativity for their mother's happiness. For those who don't have ideas yet, perhaps these several things can become an inspiration. Consider these a jumpstart for creative engines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- ISIS Crucifies Teenage Boy For Filming Syrian Base; Image Of Baby Girl Being Beheaded Found [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Planning Christmas With Her Family In Anmer Hall, Norfolk--Report
- How Australian Father Stabbed 11-Year-Old Son Dead, More Details Emerge
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks