HTC One Mini 2 Shown in Silver, Gold and Gunmetal; One M8 and One Mini 2 Compared
By Judith Aparri | May 10, 2014 11:45 AM EST
Rumors of the small version of One M8 have started to surface, not long after the One M8 was market released. When images of the mini phone leaked, it seems the mini variant is nearing completion.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
HTC One Mini 2 leaks again, courtesy of @evleaks, reliable source of pre-launch information about gadgets. This time, it has broken its cover and shows what is understood as its color variants - silver, gold and gunmetal. It does look like quite an enhancement of a beautiful smartphone with few differences compared to its big brother HTC One M8. Understandably, as a smaller copycat, it is not expected to have the same screen size and internal content. After all, both phones will have huge price difference.
One Mini 2 has a metal body that looks quite more metallic than One Mini, but did not miss the plastic rim from the top to the screen. However, unlike the One M8, the metal unibody case does not include the front. It does have two speakers facing the front, just like M8. Overall, One Mini 2 looks more of an M8 relative, which is not at all bad. One Mini 2 is also known as HTC M8 Mini.
Camera, Display, Specs and Price
According to Evleaks, specs are as follows: 720p display, Android 4.4.2 mobile OS, 1GB RAM and a 16GB storage that is expandable with a microSD card slot. Its rear-facing camera is allegedly 13MP while the front-facing has 5 megapixels. The small handset is powered by a Snapdragon 400 processor. The screen size is 4.5", which is quite generous for a mini.
Release Date and Price
So far, there is no concrete hint with regard to release date and price for M8 Mini. All that are heard are "summer" for its release date, which is already near; and a "bit cheaper than the M8" for its price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes