iOS 8 and new Mac OS X Will Show Up in Apple's Annual Event, Apple TV and iWatch Will Not
By Judith Aparri | May 10, 2014 11:41 AM EST
New reports said iOS 8 and new Mac OS X 10.10 will show up in WWDC 2014 on June 2, while Apple TV and iWatch will not. The Cupertino-based electronics company has been set for its annual big event, and is expected to have iOS 8, Mac OS X 10.10, Healthbook app, iCloud enhancements and some app updates as the highlights.
Apple is likely to buy Beats Electronics.
Re/code said sources who are familiar with Apple's plans told them what to expect in next month's Apple's big yearly event. The mythical watch, Apple TV or the any Apple TV software should not be anticipated. Tech experts said Apple is making sense as to why should a new OS like the Apple TV software be unveiled before a big update of its hardware.
Big announcements in the event will be OS X 10.10, iOS 8 and the Healthbook app. Coincidence or not, with regard to the Healthbook, days before WWDC 2014, Samsung will have an event in San Francisco on May 28, which is said to discuss "around health".
iOS 8 will showcase its new features and there are chances that Apple will divide the mobile OS' new features to versions 8 and 8.1. The upcoming iOS 8 devices will be powered by the new and powerful A8 processors, and are predicted to come with larger displays and longer battery lives.
For the new version of Mac OS X 10.10, it is said to inherit some of the iOS features and is a total redesign. Apple intends to make its products have uniform experience across devices. The upcoming hardware will support the new OS X and the first shipments will be in the autumn.
Meanwhile, earlier reports said a new Apple TV software is in the works and may show up in this year's WWDC. As the event comes near, reports reiterate Apple TV will not show up. This goes true with the iWatch. The company will likely have them both come out later this year or early 2015.
Coming along the Healthbook app are some updates for iTunes Radio app, Maps and more. iCloud is said to be enhanced for simpler and more efficient development. Siri may also get a new feature to identify songs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family