Nexus 6 to Include iPhone Top Feature - Leak
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Google will reportedly be launching Nexus 6 this year.
Although there are reports suggesting Google will move away from the Nexus line and take on the new Android Silver program, there are other reports confirming few details about the handset countering Google's Android Chief Sundar Pichai's statement that a new Nexus handset would not arrive in the first half of the year. But nothing else has yet been revealed about Google's Nexus plans.
Android Geeks, a popular news report, has learned the phone will include a fingerprint scanner while the company is in talks with Asian fingerprint sensor suppliers. iPhone 5s has been Apple's first iPhone model to launch with a fingerprint sensor feature, followed by the rival companies, including HTC and Samsung that also involves such capabilities.
It is also rumored that Nexus 6 will be based on LG's forthcoming G3 smartphone. Although the new phone is similar to G3 that would provide the same "Quad HD" resolution at 1440 x 2560, it is claimed that Nexus 6 will arrive in a slightly smaller form. The G3 offers a 5.5- inch display, while the Nexus 6 would settle for a 5.2-inch display screen.
This is not surprising to see that LG G3 and Nexus 6 would like to join with the lead companies by flaunting their own fingerprint sensor feature. Other details and specifications regarding the handset are not mentioned, but rumors make the rounds to keep the hype intact.
Google is reported to launch a much cheaper Nexus smartphone this year that would be based on MediaTek's chips and cost less than $100. The company will be gearing up to release the Project Ara in early 2015, which will probably put a solid push behind the line of devices. Nexus 8 tablet with an Android 4.5 version also comes under Google's tag of future releases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales