Nexus 6 to Include iPhone Top Feature - Leak
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 11:14 AM EST
Google will reportedly be launching Nexus 6 this year.
Although there are reports suggesting Google will move away from the Nexus line and take on the new Android Silver program, there are other reports confirming few details about the handset countering Google's Android Chief Sundar Pichai's statement that a new Nexus handset would not arrive in the first half of the year. But nothing else has yet been revealed about Google's Nexus plans.
Android Geeks, a popular news report, has learned the phone will include a fingerprint scanner while the company is in talks with Asian fingerprint sensor suppliers. iPhone 5s has been Apple's first iPhone model to launch with a fingerprint sensor feature, followed by the rival companies, including HTC and Samsung that also involves such capabilities.
It is also rumored that Nexus 6 will be based on LG's forthcoming G3 smartphone. Although the new phone is similar to G3 that would provide the same "Quad HD" resolution at 1440 x 2560, it is claimed that Nexus 6 will arrive in a slightly smaller form. The G3 offers a 5.5- inch display, while the Nexus 6 would settle for a 5.2-inch display screen.
This is not surprising to see that LG G3 and Nexus 6 would like to join with the lead companies by flaunting their own fingerprint sensor feature. Other details and specifications regarding the handset are not mentioned, but rumors make the rounds to keep the hype intact.
Google is reported to launch a much cheaper Nexus smartphone this year that would be based on MediaTek's chips and cost less than $100. The company will be gearing up to release the Project Ara in early 2015, which will probably put a solid push behind the line of devices. Nexus 8 tablet with an Android 4.5 version also comes under Google's tag of future releases.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family