AOC Launches Android Powered All-in-one
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 11:06 AM EST
Monitor Manufacturer AOC is the company now ready to be part of the Android market. AOC launches mySmart all-in-one, which comes preloaded with Android 4.2 (Ice-cream Sandwich) and various PC-like features, making it a self-contained and fairly a portable desktop.
The recent roll out runs Android instead of the typical three major operating systems: Windows, OS X and Chrome OS. There have been companies that brought Android-powered desktops and laptops in the past. But they were unable to bring hype into the world.
Android-powered mySmart all-in-one desktops are released in 22-inch AOC A2272PW4T ($299) and 24-inch A2472PW4T ($399) sizes, giving LED-backlit touchscreen, complete with HDMI and VGA inputs for connecting the chosen source.
The company lists the following specs:
- Screen size: 24-inch (A2472PW4T) or 22-inch (A2272PWHT)
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Android 4 x Ice Cream Sandwich
- NVIDIA T33 Quad Core 1.6 Ghz
- System memory - LPDDR3 2 GB
- Storage memory - 8 GB eMMC
- 50M:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 802.11 b/g/n, Built-in Wi-Fi
- VGA, HDMI, 4 x USB 2.0, SDHC card reader slot
- 720p HD Front Camera with mic
- Multi-user account
- Google Play App Store
The manufacturer further cited, "Whether you're surfing the Web, working from home or watching a movie, the AOC mySmart all-in-ones have the power to get the job done with ample storage, immersive touch technology and access to the entire Google Play library of applications and games to customize your mySmart experience."
"Sync all of your accounts like Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and more to effortlessly interact with your world. With mySmart's portable design, you can explore extensive entertainment, productivity and educational apps to browse and download music, magazines, books, movies, television programs and over 1 million Android applications from any room in the house. You can also instantly transform the mySmart into a touch monitor by connecting it to your PC by HDMI cable."
Also, it is visible through pictures that the mySmart's stand is flexible and can be folded or placed at various angles, including a fairly shallow one for typing.
It may be a perfect option for users where Web browsing and light office work is the main focus.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’