Gwyneth Paltrow Deals With Her Controversial 'Mom Quotes' to End ‘Mommy Wars;’ Twitter Users React
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 10, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Gwyneth Paltrow is making a move to end the "mommy wars," as she readily deals with the controversial quotes she blurted out in an interview with an entertainment news Web site late in March.
A week after Paltrow revealed that she and husband Coldplay frontman Chris Martin are going through "conscious uncoupling" on her blog, the 41-year-old "Iron Man" actress opened up to E! News. But all the sympathy has been gone the moment the actress opened her mouth.
"I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening," Paltrow told the Web site in an interview.
"When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult."
"I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set," the actress cited.
Apparently, moms were outraged by Paltrow's "mom quotes" that Twitter has been all out to criticize her and make nasty comments.
But the actress is now making a move to debunk all unfavorable comments thrown at her through a post she wrote on her lifestyle Web site Goop. The actress sets out to defend her mom quotes hoping that she can put the controversy to rest.
"As the mommy wars rage on, I am constantly perplexed and amazed by how little slack we cut each other as women," Paltrow wrote on her blog under the title, "Ending the Mommy Wars."
"We see disapproval in the eyes of other mothers when we say how long we breastfed (Too long? Not long enough?), or whether we have decided to go back to work versus stay home," the actress continued.
"Is it not hard enough to attempt to raise children thoughtfully, while contributing something, or bringing home some (or more) of the bacon? Why do we feel so entitled to opine, often so negatively, on the choices of other women? Perhaps because there is so much pressure to do it all, and do it all well all at the same time (impossible)."
"To every single mother out there, have a wonderful Mother's Day," Paltrow finished, signing the blog post with love.
So will the "mommy wars" end now that Gwyneth Paltrow has spoken out? Here is how the people on Twitter react:
— Matt Schmitz (@matthewjschmitz) May 8, 2014
@eonline tired of her..boo! Terrible#GetOverYourself — Kaie (@kaietaylor) May 8, 2014
@TIME I actually for once agree with Gwenyth Paltrow on her quote in this article. Hell hath frozen over! #mommywars — Brittany Seyb (@BrittanySeyb) May 9, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff