Gwyneth Paltrow Deals With Her Controversial 'Mom Quotes' to End ‘Mommy Wars;’ Twitter Users React
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 10, 2014 11:00 AM EST
Gwyneth Paltrow is making a move to end the "mommy wars," as she readily deals with the controversial quotes she blurted out in an interview with an entertainment news Web site late in March.
A week after Paltrow revealed that she and husband Coldplay frontman Chris Martin are going through "conscious uncoupling" on her blog, the 41-year-old "Iron Man" actress opened up to E! News. But all the sympathy has been gone the moment the actress opened her mouth.
"I think it's different when you have an office job, because it's routine and, you know, you can do all the stuff in the morning and then you come home in the evening," Paltrow told the Web site in an interview.
"When you're shooting a movie, they're like, 'We need you to go to Wisconsin for two weeks,' and then you work 14 hours a day and that part of it is very difficult."
"I think to have a regular job and be a mom is not as, of course there are challenges, but it's not like being on set," the actress cited.
Apparently, moms were outraged by Paltrow's "mom quotes" that Twitter has been all out to criticize her and make nasty comments.
But the actress is now making a move to debunk all unfavorable comments thrown at her through a post she wrote on her lifestyle Web site Goop. The actress sets out to defend her mom quotes hoping that she can put the controversy to rest.
"As the mommy wars rage on, I am constantly perplexed and amazed by how little slack we cut each other as women," Paltrow wrote on her blog under the title, "Ending the Mommy Wars."
"We see disapproval in the eyes of other mothers when we say how long we breastfed (Too long? Not long enough?), or whether we have decided to go back to work versus stay home," the actress continued.
"Is it not hard enough to attempt to raise children thoughtfully, while contributing something, or bringing home some (or more) of the bacon? Why do we feel so entitled to opine, often so negatively, on the choices of other women? Perhaps because there is so much pressure to do it all, and do it all well all at the same time (impossible)."
"To every single mother out there, have a wonderful Mother's Day," Paltrow finished, signing the blog post with love.
So will the "mommy wars" end now that Gwyneth Paltrow has spoken out? Here is how the people on Twitter react:
— Matt Schmitz (@matthewjschmitz) May 8, 2014
@eonline tired of her..boo! Terrible#GetOverYourself — Kaie (@kaietaylor) May 8, 2014
@TIME I actually for once agree with Gwenyth Paltrow on her quote in this article. Hell hath frozen over! #mommywars — Brittany Seyb (@BrittanySeyb) May 9, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone