Amazon Debut Phone: A 3D Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Amazon enters into the competition with it's yet to be released 3D smartphone after years of rumors going around regarding its branded handset.
The company was silently collaborating with companies like Primax, Liteon and Sunny Optical in developing advanced sensors that would allow 3D gesture and eye-tracking control in the Amazon device.
Amazon's first smartphone is expected to have six compact camera modules, four of which are VGA cameras. They will be placed on the device's four corners of the screen, which enable to track the position of the user's face and eyes in relation to the phone's display. This allows Amazon's software to make constant adjustments to the positioning of on-screen elements, altering the perspective of visuals on the screen and making them appear to be 3D without any special glasses. This device will also feature a 13 MP rear-facing camera.
According to trusted sources, the new image of Amazon's phone published exclusively by BGR appears to take design imprints from several existing full touch smarphones, including Apple's iPhone, Samsung's Galaxy S and even HTC One M8. It appears to flaunt a polished and chamfered bezel, aluminium or metal body and a black and gray color scheme.
The size of the handset is large, but is convincingly comfortable to use with one hand. This is trusted by the unique gesture controls that are designed to make one-handed operation of a large phone.
Although the details of hardware of Amazon smartphone is not posted anywhere, still it is rumored to include a 4.7-inch display with 720p HD resolution and support for 3D, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, highly customized version of Android similar to the operating system found on Amazon's various Kindle Fire tablets and novel interface with 3D effects. It is hyped of using a special data and content plan known as Prime Data.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best