Amazon Debut Phone: A 3D Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Amazon enters into the competition with it's yet to be released 3D smartphone after years of rumors going around regarding its branded handset.
The company was silently collaborating with companies like Primax, Liteon and Sunny Optical in developing advanced sensors that would allow 3D gesture and eye-tracking control in the Amazon device.
Amazon's first smartphone is expected to have six compact camera modules, four of which are VGA cameras. They will be placed on the device's four corners of the screen, which enable to track the position of the user's face and eyes in relation to the phone's display. This allows Amazon's software to make constant adjustments to the positioning of on-screen elements, altering the perspective of visuals on the screen and making them appear to be 3D without any special glasses. This device will also feature a 13 MP rear-facing camera.
According to trusted sources, the new image of Amazon's phone published exclusively by BGR appears to take design imprints from several existing full touch smarphones, including Apple's iPhone, Samsung's Galaxy S and even HTC One M8. It appears to flaunt a polished and chamfered bezel, aluminium or metal body and a black and gray color scheme.
The size of the handset is large, but is convincingly comfortable to use with one hand. This is trusted by the unique gesture controls that are designed to make one-handed operation of a large phone.
Although the details of hardware of Amazon smartphone is not posted anywhere, still it is rumored to include a 4.7-inch display with 720p HD resolution and support for 3D, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, highly customized version of Android similar to the operating system found on Amazon's various Kindle Fire tablets and novel interface with 3D effects. It is hyped of using a special data and content plan known as Prime Data.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery