Amazon Debut Phone: A 3D Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Amazon enters into the competition with it's yet to be released 3D smartphone after years of rumors going around regarding its branded handset.
The company was silently collaborating with companies like Primax, Liteon and Sunny Optical in developing advanced sensors that would allow 3D gesture and eye-tracking control in the Amazon device.
Amazon's first smartphone is expected to have six compact camera modules, four of which are VGA cameras. They will be placed on the device's four corners of the screen, which enable to track the position of the user's face and eyes in relation to the phone's display. This allows Amazon's software to make constant adjustments to the positioning of on-screen elements, altering the perspective of visuals on the screen and making them appear to be 3D without any special glasses. This device will also feature a 13 MP rear-facing camera.
According to trusted sources, the new image of Amazon's phone published exclusively by BGR appears to take design imprints from several existing full touch smarphones, including Apple's iPhone, Samsung's Galaxy S and even HTC One M8. It appears to flaunt a polished and chamfered bezel, aluminium or metal body and a black and gray color scheme.
The size of the handset is large, but is convincingly comfortable to use with one hand. This is trusted by the unique gesture controls that are designed to make one-handed operation of a large phone.
Although the details of hardware of Amazon smartphone is not posted anywhere, still it is rumored to include a 4.7-inch display with 720p HD resolution and support for 3D, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, highly customized version of Android similar to the operating system found on Amazon's various Kindle Fire tablets and novel interface with 3D effects. It is hyped of using a special data and content plan known as Prime Data.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions