Amazon Debut Phone: A 3D Smartphone
By Naveena Joy | May 10, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Amazon enters into the competition with it's yet to be released 3D smartphone after years of rumors going around regarding its branded handset.
The company was silently collaborating with companies like Primax, Liteon and Sunny Optical in developing advanced sensors that would allow 3D gesture and eye-tracking control in the Amazon device.
Amazon's first smartphone is expected to have six compact camera modules, four of which are VGA cameras. They will be placed on the device's four corners of the screen, which enable to track the position of the user's face and eyes in relation to the phone's display. This allows Amazon's software to make constant adjustments to the positioning of on-screen elements, altering the perspective of visuals on the screen and making them appear to be 3D without any special glasses. This device will also feature a 13 MP rear-facing camera.
According to trusted sources, the new image of Amazon's phone published exclusively by BGR appears to take design imprints from several existing full touch smarphones, including Apple's iPhone, Samsung's Galaxy S and even HTC One M8. It appears to flaunt a polished and chamfered bezel, aluminium or metal body and a black and gray color scheme.
The size of the handset is large, but is convincingly comfortable to use with one hand. This is trusted by the unique gesture controls that are designed to make one-handed operation of a large phone.
Although the details of hardware of Amazon smartphone is not posted anywhere, still it is rumored to include a 4.7-inch display with 720p HD resolution and support for 3D, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, highly customized version of Android similar to the operating system found on Amazon's various Kindle Fire tablets and novel interface with 3D effects. It is hyped of using a special data and content plan known as Prime Data.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu