Sunset Overdrive: First In-game Video Footage Released, Details Revealed; Heading for E3 2014 [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | May 9, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Upcoming open world video game Sunset Overdrive, from developer Insomniac Games, gets its first in-game video footage, promising players a fun-filled third-person shooter title.
The game is set in the fictional Sunset City in 2027, where FizzCo controls things. Players are tasked to clean up the mess after the corporation's newest energy drink - Overcharge Delirium XT - mutates people who drink it excessively.
Sunset Overdrive will release in November 2014 for Xbox One.
The game will feature zip-lines, rail grinding, super jumping, running on walls and acrobatics as part of the high action and paced combat.
The game will have different factions that players can choose from, like the Fargarths, and a "lot more" memorable characters have been promised. Character customization will also be available.
When it comes to enemies, players will not be disappointed since there are a lot of them in the game. The video introduces players to some of them, like 'the blower'. When a player dies, he is respawn in a unique and crazy way.
The game has some strange looking weapons, from bowling ball launchers to Roman Candle repeaters, captain ahab and teen teddy. The game has a unique amp system with more than 50 amps to choose from, ranging from nuclear explosion to hair death.
Further details have been revealed from the Edge magazine's exclusive, where the world is built up by a series of islands, and each have their own day and night cycle. The game is currently at "sub-1080p" which will be optimised further.
"We wanted to take the shooter genre away from cowering behind cover. You'll be rewarded for jumping over that cover and taking the fight to the enemy. I think there's a certain level of fatigue among players right now," said Drew Murray, director, in his interview with Edge.
Sunset Overdrive will have its first reveal at Microsoft's E3 2013 media briefing. It will be a part of San Diego Comic-Con, Gamescom and PAX Prime.
The game is an Xbox One exclusive and will release in November 2014.
(YouTube Courtesy: xbox)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28