Sunset Overdrive: First In-game Video Footage Released, Details Revealed; Heading for E3 2014 [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | May 9, 2014 11:22 PM EST
Upcoming open world video game Sunset Overdrive, from developer Insomniac Games, gets its first in-game video footage, promising players a fun-filled third-person shooter title.
The game is set in the fictional Sunset City in 2027, where FizzCo controls things. Players are tasked to clean up the mess after the corporation's newest energy drink - Overcharge Delirium XT - mutates people who drink it excessively.
Sunset Overdrive will release in November 2014 for Xbox One.
The game will feature zip-lines, rail grinding, super jumping, running on walls and acrobatics as part of the high action and paced combat.
The game will have different factions that players can choose from, like the Fargarths, and a "lot more" memorable characters have been promised. Character customization will also be available.
When it comes to enemies, players will not be disappointed since there are a lot of them in the game. The video introduces players to some of them, like 'the blower'. When a player dies, he is respawn in a unique and crazy way.
The game has some strange looking weapons, from bowling ball launchers to Roman Candle repeaters, captain ahab and teen teddy. The game has a unique amp system with more than 50 amps to choose from, ranging from nuclear explosion to hair death.
Further details have been revealed from the Edge magazine's exclusive, where the world is built up by a series of islands, and each have their own day and night cycle. The game is currently at "sub-1080p" which will be optimised further.
"We wanted to take the shooter genre away from cowering behind cover. You'll be rewarded for jumping over that cover and taking the fight to the enemy. I think there's a certain level of fatigue among players right now," said Drew Murray, director, in his interview with Edge.
Sunset Overdrive will have its first reveal at Microsoft's E3 2013 media briefing. It will be a part of San Diego Comic-Con, Gamescom and PAX Prime.
The game is an Xbox One exclusive and will release in November 2014.
(YouTube Courtesy: xbox)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- SIMS 4 Missing Contents To Be Added Via DLC and New Details Unveiled From Livestream
- 5 Free Apps For Smartphones That Can Help Make You Look Beautiful
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October