Katrina Kaif-Salman Khan Not Pairing up for Kabir Khan's Next Film?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 9, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Ex-lovers Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif seems to be in no mood to act cordial even on screen.
The duo, who has worked together in films like "Ek Tha Tiger", "Yuvraaj", "Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya?" and "Partner", appears not to get back even for professional reasons.
Salman Khan and Katrina kaif
Recently, director Kabir Khan announced his next project which will feature Salman, but the "New York" director stated that his favoured leading lady, Kaif will not feature with the superstar.
It should be noted that Kaif has been a regular in Kabir's films. She has starred in the filmmaker's three back-to-back films "New York", "Ek Tha Tiger" and the upcoming "Phantom" with Saif Ali Khan.
Salman and Kaif's pair up in "Ek Tha Tiger" worked wonders as the film created several records at the box office upon its release.
But when asked as to why Kaif was not signed for the Salman project, the filmmaker maintained carefully by saying, "The role doesn't suit her," reported Mumbai Mirror.
The obvious conclusion to Kaif's absence from the project can be gauged as Salman's reluctance to rework with his ex-flame.
But Kabir denied the personal history angle of the actors, as he stated, "No, that is not the reason. He (Salman) was not dating Katrina when they did 'Ek Tha Tiger'."
The director, who is a good friend of the actress, might deny the entire Salman angle, but it cannot be overlooked that the fact that the superstar has tried to maintain distance from Kaif in recent times.
The 48-year-old had said during his debut appearance in "Koffee with Karan," that he always stay away from most of his former girlfriends and added that he is only in touch with ex Sangeeta Bijlani as she is a family friend.
Also, it should be pointed out that Salman had totally avoided Kaif last year when the "Dhoom 3" actress had turned up at the former's place during "Ganesh Chaturthi." The actress was pictured alone while Salman was busy with his friends and family.
Thus, it appears that the "Dabanng" star is in no mood to pair up with his ex-flame Kaif, who is presently dating Ranbir Kapoor.
With Kaif out of the scene, it remains to be seen as to who will feature alongside Salman in Kabir's next.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6