Katrina Kaif-Salman Khan Not Pairing up for Kabir Khan's Next Film?
By Arijita Bhowmik | May 9, 2014 10:44 PM EST
Ex-lovers Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif seems to be in no mood to act cordial even on screen.
The duo, who has worked together in films like "Ek Tha Tiger", "Yuvraaj", "Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya?" and "Partner", appears not to get back even for professional reasons.
Salman Khan and Katrina kaif
Recently, director Kabir Khan announced his next project which will feature Salman, but the "New York" director stated that his favoured leading lady, Kaif will not feature with the superstar.
It should be noted that Kaif has been a regular in Kabir's films. She has starred in the filmmaker's three back-to-back films "New York", "Ek Tha Tiger" and the upcoming "Phantom" with Saif Ali Khan.
Salman and Kaif's pair up in "Ek Tha Tiger" worked wonders as the film created several records at the box office upon its release.
But when asked as to why Kaif was not signed for the Salman project, the filmmaker maintained carefully by saying, "The role doesn't suit her," reported Mumbai Mirror.
The obvious conclusion to Kaif's absence from the project can be gauged as Salman's reluctance to rework with his ex-flame.
But Kabir denied the personal history angle of the actors, as he stated, "No, that is not the reason. He (Salman) was not dating Katrina when they did 'Ek Tha Tiger'."
The director, who is a good friend of the actress, might deny the entire Salman angle, but it cannot be overlooked that the fact that the superstar has tried to maintain distance from Kaif in recent times.
The 48-year-old had said during his debut appearance in "Koffee with Karan," that he always stay away from most of his former girlfriends and added that he is only in touch with ex Sangeeta Bijlani as she is a family friend.
Also, it should be pointed out that Salman had totally avoided Kaif last year when the "Dhoom 3" actress had turned up at the former's place during "Ganesh Chaturthi." The actress was pictured alone while Salman was busy with his friends and family.
Thus, it appears that the "Dabanng" star is in no mood to pair up with his ex-flame Kaif, who is presently dating Ranbir Kapoor.
With Kaif out of the scene, it remains to be seen as to who will feature alongside Salman in Kabir's next.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar