Lenovo N20p Chromebook Adds Two New Features: Touch And 300 Degrees
By Naveena Joy | May 9, 2014 10:38 PM EST
Lenovo has been introducing Chromebooks for the education industry for a long time. The company now targets consumers by adding a pair of OS Chrome laptops, which is similar to that of classroom Chromebooks.
The Lenovo N20p and N20 are the first consumer Chromebooks from Lenovo, after its successful ThinkPad 11e and YOGA 11e for education. These were announced on the Intel's and Google's May 2014 press event discussing the Chrome OS future.
Both Chromebooks share the same Intel's "Bay Trail" Celeron processor, which is now a standard practice in all Chromebooks. The pair also comes with an 11.6-inch display with 1366 x 768 resolution, stereo speakers, 720p Web cam and Lenovo's AccuType keyboard, which is well spaced and easy to type on.
These are also paired with up to 4 GB of memory and 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded with the help of an SD memory card slot. But there is 100 GB of Google Drive storage. Other ports include two USB 2.0, mini HDMI output and combo headphone/microphone socket. In terms of connectivity, it includes WiFi b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 and offers up to 8 hours of battery life from a single charge.
The N20 is priced at $279, likely to be launched in July and N20P is priced at $329 which will be sold the following month. The price difference between the two Chromebooks is brought by the two notable different features.
The N20 is of a traditional design, but the N20p comes with a 10-finger multitouch display and 300-degree point, which is borrowed from the YOGA and others in Lenovo's line up. It allows the screen to be turned around for using the book in all-touch mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying