Lenovo N20p Chromebook Adds Two New Features: Touch And 300 Degrees
By Naveena Joy | May 9, 2014 10:38 PM EST
Lenovo has been introducing Chromebooks for the education industry for a long time. The company now targets consumers by adding a pair of OS Chrome laptops, which is similar to that of classroom Chromebooks.
The Lenovo N20p and N20 are the first consumer Chromebooks from Lenovo, after its successful ThinkPad 11e and YOGA 11e for education. These were announced on the Intel's and Google's May 2014 press event discussing the Chrome OS future.
Both Chromebooks share the same Intel's "Bay Trail" Celeron processor, which is now a standard practice in all Chromebooks. The pair also comes with an 11.6-inch display with 1366 x 768 resolution, stereo speakers, 720p Web cam and Lenovo's AccuType keyboard, which is well spaced and easy to type on.
These are also paired with up to 4 GB of memory and 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded with the help of an SD memory card slot. But there is 100 GB of Google Drive storage. Other ports include two USB 2.0, mini HDMI output and combo headphone/microphone socket. In terms of connectivity, it includes WiFi b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 and offers up to 8 hours of battery life from a single charge.
The N20 is priced at $279, likely to be launched in July and N20P is priced at $329 which will be sold the following month. The price difference between the two Chromebooks is brought by the two notable different features.
The N20 is of a traditional design, but the N20p comes with a 10-finger multitouch display and 300-degree point, which is borrowed from the YOGA and others in Lenovo's line up. It allows the screen to be turned around for using the book in all-touch mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage