Lenovo N20p Chromebook Adds Two New Features: Touch And 300 Degrees
By Naveena Joy | May 9, 2014 10:38 PM EST
Lenovo has been introducing Chromebooks for the education industry for a long time. The company now targets consumers by adding a pair of OS Chrome laptops, which is similar to that of classroom Chromebooks.
The Lenovo N20p and N20 are the first consumer Chromebooks from Lenovo, after its successful ThinkPad 11e and YOGA 11e for education. These were announced on the Intel's and Google's May 2014 press event discussing the Chrome OS future.
Both Chromebooks share the same Intel's "Bay Trail" Celeron processor, which is now a standard practice in all Chromebooks. The pair also comes with an 11.6-inch display with 1366 x 768 resolution, stereo speakers, 720p Web cam and Lenovo's AccuType keyboard, which is well spaced and easy to type on.
These are also paired with up to 4 GB of memory and 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded with the help of an SD memory card slot. But there is 100 GB of Google Drive storage. Other ports include two USB 2.0, mini HDMI output and combo headphone/microphone socket. In terms of connectivity, it includes WiFi b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 and offers up to 8 hours of battery life from a single charge.
The N20 is priced at $279, likely to be launched in July and N20P is priced at $329 which will be sold the following month. The price difference between the two Chromebooks is brought by the two notable different features.
The N20 is of a traditional design, but the N20p comes with a 10-finger multitouch display and 300-degree point, which is borrowed from the YOGA and others in Lenovo's line up. It allows the screen to be turned around for using the book in all-touch mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools