Lenovo N20p Chromebook Adds Two New Features: Touch And 300 Degrees
By Naveena Joy | May 9, 2014 10:38 PM EST
Lenovo has been introducing Chromebooks for the education industry for a long time. The company now targets consumers by adding a pair of OS Chrome laptops, which is similar to that of classroom Chromebooks.
The Lenovo N20p and N20 are the first consumer Chromebooks from Lenovo, after its successful ThinkPad 11e and YOGA 11e for education. These were announced on the Intel's and Google's May 2014 press event discussing the Chrome OS future.
Both Chromebooks share the same Intel's "Bay Trail" Celeron processor, which is now a standard practice in all Chromebooks. The pair also comes with an 11.6-inch display with 1366 x 768 resolution, stereo speakers, 720p Web cam and Lenovo's AccuType keyboard, which is well spaced and easy to type on.
These are also paired with up to 4 GB of memory and 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded with the help of an SD memory card slot. But there is 100 GB of Google Drive storage. Other ports include two USB 2.0, mini HDMI output and combo headphone/microphone socket. In terms of connectivity, it includes WiFi b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 and offers up to 8 hours of battery life from a single charge.
The N20 is priced at $279, likely to be launched in July and N20P is priced at $329 which will be sold the following month. The price difference between the two Chromebooks is brought by the two notable different features.
The N20 is of a traditional design, but the N20p comes with a 10-finger multitouch display and 300-degree point, which is borrowed from the YOGA and others in Lenovo's line up. It allows the screen to be turned around for using the book in all-touch mode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People