WildStar: Newest Competitor for MMORPG Games Arrives, Open Beta Goes Live
By Aditya Bhat | May 9, 2014 8:30 PM EST
WildStar, the upcoming MMORPG from developers Carbine Studios, will be a challenge to the existing video games in the genre when the Open Beta goes live.
In a post written by the team that developed the game, it was announced that the Open Beta was starting from 8 May and will continue till 18 May.
WildStar will be released on 3 June
It is said that players will have to visit the page and request a key. Later, they will be able to enter the Open Beta, which can be played up to level 30. The new key is required only if players have not been part of any other WildStar beta event in the past.
In level 30, players will reach the Farside, where you can float when on the moon with a massive sword. Players will also be trying out Galeras Adventure that is described as an epic tower defence. Players will also get two new abilities: new ability slot and tier points on Open Beta.
The gameplay is set on fictional planet Nexus where the race Eldan has disappeared but has left back its technology and other secrets which can be explored.
Stephan Frost, the producer of WildStar, said that the game was "one of the most feature-complete MMOs" of the past 10 years, reported IGN. He also said that the game will be a challenge to similar MMORPG games like World of Warcraft, EverQuest 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic.
He also defended the game's subscription model, saying that the game was like HBO offering 'premium content'.
"We decided to go with the subscription fee because we are a triple-A game. We are one of the most feature-complete MMOs to be coming out in the past 10 years. HBO, for example, is premium content. It has great shows like Game of Thrones and True Detective. They don't charge extra for those things, they're just charging that sub fee and people gladly pay it because it's good. If it wasn't good, they wouldn't pay for it," said Frost.
The game is already available for pre-order. WildStar will be released on 3 June, 2014 for PC.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine