WildStar: Newest Competitor for MMORPG Games Arrives, Open Beta Goes Live
By Aditya Bhat | May 9, 2014 8:30 PM EST
WildStar, the upcoming MMORPG from developers Carbine Studios, will be a challenge to the existing video games in the genre when the Open Beta goes live.
In a post written by the team that developed the game, it was announced that the Open Beta was starting from 8 May and will continue till 18 May.
WildStar will be released on 3 June
It is said that players will have to visit the page and request a key. Later, they will be able to enter the Open Beta, which can be played up to level 30. The new key is required only if players have not been part of any other WildStar beta event in the past.
In level 30, players will reach the Farside, where you can float when on the moon with a massive sword. Players will also be trying out Galeras Adventure that is described as an epic tower defence. Players will also get two new abilities: new ability slot and tier points on Open Beta.
The gameplay is set on fictional planet Nexus where the race Eldan has disappeared but has left back its technology and other secrets which can be explored.
Stephan Frost, the producer of WildStar, said that the game was "one of the most feature-complete MMOs" of the past 10 years, reported IGN. He also said that the game will be a challenge to similar MMORPG games like World of Warcraft, EverQuest 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic.
He also defended the game's subscription model, saying that the game was like HBO offering 'premium content'.
"We decided to go with the subscription fee because we are a triple-A game. We are one of the most feature-complete MMOs to be coming out in the past 10 years. HBO, for example, is premium content. It has great shows like Game of Thrones and True Detective. They don't charge extra for those things, they're just charging that sub fee and people gladly pay it because it's good. If it wasn't good, they wouldn't pay for it," said Frost.
The game is already available for pre-order. WildStar will be released on 3 June, 2014 for PC.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier