‘Castle’ Season 7: Kate Beckett and Rick Castle to Return!
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 9, 2014 8:27 PM EST
ABC has renewed "Castle" for season seven, which means Kate Beckett and Rick Castle will return to investigate new cases and also one can expect to see their evolving relationship.
The show has been renewed for another season despite a drop in ratings from last year. TV Line reports that the ratings may have dropped, but it still remains one of the most-watched scripted series. According to the report, "Castle" Season 6 is "averaging a 1.9 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.96 million total viewers."
"Castle" Season 6 is set to wrap-up with episode titled "For Better or Worse." There is much speculation about whether Castle and Beckett will get married, or not. According to a sneak peek and preview of the episode, Beckett, to her shock and surprise, will discover that like Castle, she also needs to submit her divorce paper-work. She is still married to someone else.
This someone else is expected to be Rogan O'Leary, played by Eddie McClintock. TV Line reports that this character, a small time hustler, has a "complicated past" with Beckett. He is known for lying, cheating and scheming, according to TV Line report.
"For Better or Worse" is likely to keep the fans of Caskett at the edge of their seats. The Season 5 finale ended on Castle getting down on his knee and proposing to Beckett, and Season 6 opened with Beckett accepting the proposal.
For a major part of "Castle" Season 6, Castle and Beckett were shown preparing for their wedding. In a recent episode, it was revealed that Lanie will be Beckett's maid of honour, while Alex will be Castle's best-man. The final episode of the season is set to open the wedding invitation card and announce the date and wedding venue. The big question is will Caskett get married, or fans will have to wait for "Castle" Season 3 to know the answer.
Andrew Marlow, creator of "Castle," has said to TV Guide: "Weddings can either go off without a hitch or they can be disastrous," Andrew W. Marlowe, creator of "Castle," said to TV Guide. "[But] people can end up together after the disaster. We still have a few tricks up our sleeve."
Official Synopsis of "Castle" Season 6 Finale, Episode 23: "In the sixth-season finale, Castle and Beckett prepare for their wedding. However, an unwelcome surprise may ruin things, so they embark on a zany adventure, encountering masked men and mad bikers along the way."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown