Jordanian Journalists Destroy TV Set during Debate on Assad's Syria Regime [VIDEO]
By Johnlee Varghese | May 9, 2014 6:55 PM EST
Two senior Jordanian journalists have garnered some international attention for their stance on Syria's Assad regime, after they destroyed a TV set in an attempt to attack the other, during a debate.
The on-air fight took place on Tuesday between the journalists on Jordanian talk show "Bayn Etijihayn" (Between Two Ways) aired on the channel 7 Stars.
The profoundly violent disagreement that resulted in the destruction of the TV set took place between Shaker al-Jawhary, head of the Electronic Media Association in Jordan, and Mohammad Sharif al-Jaiousy, the editor in chief of news website al-Mustaqbal al-Arabi.
According to reports from Al Arabiya, al-Jawhary opposed President Bashar al-Assad during the debate, while his counterpart al-Jaiousy was in support of Assad.
Within minutes into show, al-Jawhary grew furious and launched himself at al-Jaiousy. He can be seen first using the top of the table as a lance to shove into his opponent's chest. But when that fails, al-Jawhary rushes to al-Jaiousy and aims a few kicks at him, before the security guards forcefully restrain the two.
The show had to be cancelled but the video now has gone viral and had gained widespread criticism.
This certainly is not a first. In 2012, in course of a debate, a speaker - who took offense to the allegations - brandished a gun at his opponent, after throwing a shoe at him
MP Mohammed Shawabka, who had a close relation with President Assad, was debating political activist Mansour Sayf al-Din Murad on the uprising in Syria. As the arguments got intense and personal, the MP took off his right shoe and threw it at the activist, and then brandished a silver pistol.
Watch Jordanian journalists destroying a TV set and attacking the other
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up