Jordanian Journalists Destroy TV Set during Debate on Assad's Syria Regime [VIDEO]
By Johnlee Varghese | May 9, 2014 6:55 PM EST
Two senior Jordanian journalists have garnered some international attention for their stance on Syria's Assad regime, after they destroyed a TV set in an attempt to attack the other, during a debate.
The on-air fight took place on Tuesday between the journalists on Jordanian talk show "Bayn Etijihayn" (Between Two Ways) aired on the channel 7 Stars.
The profoundly violent disagreement that resulted in the destruction of the TV set took place between Shaker al-Jawhary, head of the Electronic Media Association in Jordan, and Mohammad Sharif al-Jaiousy, the editor in chief of news website al-Mustaqbal al-Arabi.
According to reports from Al Arabiya, al-Jawhary opposed President Bashar al-Assad during the debate, while his counterpart al-Jaiousy was in support of Assad.
Within minutes into show, al-Jawhary grew furious and launched himself at al-Jaiousy. He can be seen first using the top of the table as a lance to shove into his opponent's chest. But when that fails, al-Jawhary rushes to al-Jaiousy and aims a few kicks at him, before the security guards forcefully restrain the two.
The show had to be cancelled but the video now has gone viral and had gained widespread criticism.
This certainly is not a first. In 2012, in course of a debate, a speaker - who took offense to the allegations - brandished a gun at his opponent, after throwing a shoe at him
MP Mohammed Shawabka, who had a close relation with President Assad, was debating political activist Mansour Sayf al-Din Murad on the uprising in Syria. As the arguments got intense and personal, the MP took off his right shoe and threw it at the activist, and then brandished a silver pistol.
Watch Jordanian journalists destroying a TV set and attacking the other
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports