Nokia Lumia 930 and 630: Microsoft to Hold First Official Event Launching the Windows Phone Handsets on May 15 in Sao Paulo, Brazil
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 9, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Microsoft will be having their first official mobile event this May 2014 after taking over Finnish smartphone manufacturer Nokia. An invite has been sent out asking for the May 15 date to be saved on the calendar for the event to be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
According to the WinBeta report, the people at Windows Phone Brasil received Microsoft's invitation to the May 15 event in Sao Paulo. However, there are no details available on what Microsoft's event will be on May 15 but the Nokia Lumia 930 and 630 Windows Phone handsets are expected to make an appearance for the Brazilian market. Click HERE to see the invite's image.
"Windows Phone is quite popular and holds a market share of 5.5 percent in the region, according to Kantar -- it's even higher in Argentina where it has a 12.9 percent share," the WinBeta report noted.
Nokia officially unveiled the Nokia Lumia 930, 630 and 635 last April as the first Windows Phone 8.1 devices. The Nokia Lumia 930 is anticipated to be an interesting device with its 5-inch 1080p screen display, a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and 2GB of RAM. Additional high-end features and specs of the latest Windows Phone handset include the internal storage capacity of 32GB with the additional 7GB SkyDrive storage, 20MP camera with PureView technology and Carl Zeiss Optics and the power of a 2420mAh battery.
Consumers can choose from the available colour choices of bright orange, bright green, white and black for the Nokia Lumia 930. As for the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset, it sports a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, ClearBlack display, a quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB of RAM, Adreno 305 GPU and 8GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB through the available microSD card slot.
Other features and specs include the 5MP primary camera with geo-tagging and panorama, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v2.0, 7GB free SkyDrive storage, the power of a 1830mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of bright green, bright orange, bright yellow, black and white that the consumers can choose from.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 520: Windows Phone Handset Repel a Bullet, Saved a Police Officer's Life - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best