Nokia Lumia 930 and 630: Microsoft to Hold First Official Event Launching the Windows Phone Handsets on May 15 in Sao Paulo, Brazil
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 9, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Microsoft will be having their first official mobile event this May 2014 after taking over Finnish smartphone manufacturer Nokia. An invite has been sent out asking for the May 15 date to be saved on the calendar for the event to be held in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
According to the WinBeta report, the people at Windows Phone Brasil received Microsoft's invitation to the May 15 event in Sao Paulo. However, there are no details available on what Microsoft's event will be on May 15 but the Nokia Lumia 930 and 630 Windows Phone handsets are expected to make an appearance for the Brazilian market. Click HERE to see the invite's image.
"Windows Phone is quite popular and holds a market share of 5.5 percent in the region, according to Kantar -- it's even higher in Argentina where it has a 12.9 percent share," the WinBeta report noted.
Nokia officially unveiled the Nokia Lumia 930, 630 and 635 last April as the first Windows Phone 8.1 devices. The Nokia Lumia 930 is anticipated to be an interesting device with its 5-inch 1080p screen display, a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and 2GB of RAM. Additional high-end features and specs of the latest Windows Phone handset include the internal storage capacity of 32GB with the additional 7GB SkyDrive storage, 20MP camera with PureView technology and Carl Zeiss Optics and the power of a 2420mAh battery.
Consumers can choose from the available colour choices of bright orange, bright green, white and black for the Nokia Lumia 930. As for the Nokia Lumia 630 Windows Phone handset, it sports a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display with 854x480p resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, ClearBlack display, a quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB of RAM, Adreno 305 GPU and 8GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB through the available microSD card slot.
Other features and specs include the 5MP primary camera with geo-tagging and panorama, Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, microUSB v2.0, 7GB free SkyDrive storage, the power of a 1830mAh Li-Ion battery and the available colour options of bright green, bright orange, bright yellow, black and white that the consumers can choose from.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 520: Windows Phone Handset Repel a Bullet, Saved a Police Officer's Life - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes