Shocking Confession on TV Dating Show: 62-Year-Old Safer Calinak Kills Two Wives, Searches For a New Wife
By jaskiran kaur | May 9, 2014 6:46 PM EST
A 62-year-old Turkish man, searching for a partner has appeared on a reality TV dating show and currently making headlines. Safer Calinak left everyone shocked when he made appalling confession on TV in front of studio audience.
While talking about his past relationships and marriages, the Turkish man revealed he murdered two of his lovers, according to a Turkish Newspaper report, Hurriyet Daily News.
Calinak made the shocking revelation when he appeared on the show called, "Ne Çıkarsa Bahtına" (The Luck of The Draw), on Flash TV, tweeted the Turkey's local newspaper Hurriyet Daily News on May 8.
In a conversation while talking about his past with the show host, Safer "casually" admitted murdering his wife and a lover. His confession was followed by a quick a statement that was made to emphasize on his honesty. He told that he is now an "honest person looking for a new wife."
Revealing details about his dead wives, he told his first wife was named Fadime. She also happened to be his cousin. The report noted Calinak and his first wife eloped together at an early age of 17. Fadime's family compelled her to marry a widower when two of them decided to runaway. They lived with Calinak family for almost five months. But things started to change after that.
He told that he observed some changes in her behavior. Nephew of the man who she was being forced to marry earlier often visited Calinak's village. This apparently made him jealous and insecure.
"I was jealous and I killed her, in a way," recounted Safer.
He recalled he was originally sentenced 13 years and 9 months in jail time. But he was released after four years and 6 months term with an "amnesty."
After he came out of the jail, he married another woman. She gave birth to two children but the couple separated soon after. This was followed by an affair with a married woman. This woman committed to legally separate from her husband but she reneged on her promise to Calinak.
"I killed her after she attempted to kill me. She was accidently killed when I swung the axe," he told the TV host.
He was again taken into custody but was released with an amnesty again.
His interview ended when the TV host asked him to leave. Meanwhile, Calinak pointed out that he was a "victim of 'destiny."
Meanwhile, the show's producer Gözde Kurt told the newspaper that before the show started, Calinak revealed that he had murdered someone. He was allowed to participate only because it was believed he served his legal sentence.
But head of the Media Monitoring Group (MEDİZ) called Hülya Uğur Tanrıöver insisted on filing charges against the show. She believed they should have verified Calinak's criminal records before taking him in the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast