‘Bachelorette’ 2014 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman's Big Season 10 Premiere Features her Dad
By Keerthi Mohan | May 9, 2014 6:44 PM EST
There are just 10 more days for Season 10 of "The Bachelorette" featuring Andi Dorfman to premiere, and spoilers regarding the dating reality show have already started doing the rounds.
The premiere will reportedly feature Dorfman’s father, Hy Dorfman, who will give the men the “talk” before they start dating his daughter.
Hy became an audience-favorite during Juan Pablo Galavis’ season of “The Bachelor” when he refused to give Galavis permission to marry his daughter. Later, he took to Twitter to say that he was unapologetic about his attitude towards Galavis.
“If I seemed over protective on The show. It is because I am protecting the most spectacular, special, amazing daughter in the world,” he wrote.
Following the episode, “The Bachelor” host Chris Harrison was all praises for Hy and noted that he spoke for all the fathers out there.
“Hy is awesome. I always think of how I'd act if my daughter brought a guy home, and it was this scenario and he spoke for all us dads out there…I don't think Hy was rude at all, but brutally and lovingly honest which is what made Juan Pablo take the direction as more endearing than [thinking] he was a jerk," Harrison said at the time, according to TV Guide.
The May 19 premiere will be a 90-minute long episode, which will also address the death of contestant Eric Hill, who was reportedly the first one to land a one-on-one date with Andi in the season. They pair reportedly went for a beach picnic in Ventura, California, for their first date, but he didn’t last long in the show.
Hill was sent home shortly after filming the date episode on March 14.
The entire season will also be dedicated to Hill, who passed away in April following a paragliding accident.
Season 10 of “The Bachelorette” will premiere on May 19 at 9:30 p.m. EDT. The dating reality show will return to the 8 p.m. EDT time slot from May 26.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown