Tata Zest Returns in New Batch of Spy Shots; Company Ramping Up Dealerships Ahead of Launch
By greeshma m | May 9, 2014 5:12 PM EST
Tata's upcoming sedan Zest has been spied testing once again in the country, suggesting the possible launch of the car in near future.
Tata Zest To Arrive In India On 4 July; Bookings, Launch Details
Tata Zest, India's first sedan with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technologies is certainly one of the much anticipated vehicles in the country. The auto enthusiasts have been drooling over Tata's new sedan offering since its first appearance at the Delhi Auto expo 2014. Now the latest is a set of new spy shots of Zest, which was caught testing near Pune by the folks at Carwale. The images which show the uncamoulflaged Zest on road hint that the testing of new sedan is almost done.
Tata Zest which made numerous appearances on the web is speculated to come in July. An earlier report had suggests that Tata would begin the bookings for Zest in June and will announce the launch of the car for Indian market on 4 July.
Tata which already launched the exclusive websites for its upcoming Zest and Bolt is now in the process of hiring over 3,000 sales staff across the dealerships in the country. It is clear that Tata is doing the groundwork well before the launch of Bolt and Zest.
"In line with our vision and strategy to provide an enriched purchase experience, we have undertaken a revamp expedition of showrooms and expansion of our dealership workforce to prepare for the launch of our exciting global cars, Zest and Bolt. We are gearing up as we move closer to the launch. Besides our new range of products, our retail experience will also go through a sea change. Our customer-centered cars are being backed with customer-engaging purchase experience at our dealerships. This is a step forward for us in reinforcing our commitment to provide best-in-class purchase experience," Overdrive quoted Ranjit Yadav, president - passenger vehicles business unit, Tata Motors.
Tata Zest -What We Know So Far
The car Zest will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140 Nm 1750-3000 RPM.
The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM. The car is expected to come with features like new front grille, projector headlamps, steering wheel and dash board.
Rumours are rife that Tata would price the Zest in the range of ₹6 lakh to ₹8 lakh.
Image credit: tatamotorszest.com
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28