Lindsay Lohan to Revive Music Career, 'Speak' Album Released Almost a Decade Ago
By Annie Dee | May 9, 2014 4:50 PM EST
Lindsay Lohan arrives at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, June 6, 2010.
The celebrity's debut album, "Speak," will be 10 years old this year and the controversial singer actress is thinking of reviving it. Instead of going back to the pop genre, she thinks she can delve into the rap scene and look for a rapper to collaborate with her, according to Entertainment Wise.
Her single, "Confessions of a Broken Heart," gained a huge following, but not enough to set the world on fire in 2005 or cement her career as a singer. The song managed to scrape in at number 57, but this hardly made Lohan a legitimate singer, at least for the critics.
Following a slew of scandals and legal troubles, her acting career went downhill and her music career totally went caput. Now Lohan seems to be reviving her career, having a docu-series dedicated to showing her road to recovery and with most of her legal troubles sorted out. She thinks she should revive her music career.
Lohan thinks her acting career is not likely to pick up soon, considering the negative reputation she earned for the past year so focusing on music might get people to take notice of her talents again. A source told The Sun: "Lindsay is staying in London and wants to record an album while she's here. She's been casting a net for collaborators and top of the list is a rapper to feature on her comeback single."
They added, "In between partying, she's taking the music seriously."
On May 8, Lohan attended the Gala for Gabrielle's Angels Foundation in London. She was wearing a green and blue Julien MacDonald mini dress. The dress was cut so low that more than just her cleavage was showing. Lindsay's obviously having fun in London. She was spotted in several restaurants in the British capital.
Her music and acting career may still be a bit rocky, awaiting producers and labels that are willing to trust their name on Lohan, but the controversial star is certainly not sulking around in a corner. She is set for an exciting month. The former child star announced she will be flying to China to help promote the "Millions of Milkshake" chain.
'I'm so happy we're going to Shanghai on May 28 for the @MILKSHAKES247 grand opening!' she tweeted on Tuesday.
"I can't wait to meet everyone!" she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar