Flanker Fotu Auelua Re-joins ACT Brumbies
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:39 PM EST
ACT Brumbies flanker Fotunu'upule Auelua, better known as Fotu, joined back the team to play for the crucial match against the Durban Sharks on Saturday.
Auelua was sidelined for a long stint of time after he had a medial ligament knee injury.
Brumbies, however, clarified that Auelua may not be fully fit to play the entire 80-minutes match. Laurie Fisher, the director of rugby, made it clear that Auelua will be introduced from the start of the match to put an attacking stand on the Sharks.
"We need to try to bend the line - that's why he's there. I know he's hungry for a game. I don't know they'll be intimidated, but it's about trying to get a big ball-carrier, some quick release and allowing us to play off the front foot," Fisher said on Auelua's selection.
The Brumbies are also keen to tighten their forward position after Siliva Siliva suffered an ankle injury, placing him out of the field for the rest of the season.
The 26-year-old Anthony Hegarty was seen on training. Hegarty had played all 16 matches for Super Rugby for the Brumbies in 2011 before he moved to the French club Grenoble.
Hegarty, who is currently in Canberra for his marriage, has expressed interest to play for Brumbies if Grenoble agrees to his loan.
Hegarty is due to join the French squad in June. The Brumbies have already started discussion with Grenoble to shell out a possible opportunity.
"We'll certainly explore whether we can do that. [Hegarty] knows pretty much everything we do, so that would be handy. He's keen, but in the end it's not my decision, it's not his decision, it'll be Grenoble's. We've made some contact already and we'll work in the next few days to see if there's any possibility at all. It's only as injury cover. We have Steve Moore and Josh Mann-Rea, so it's a potential easy out for us," Fisher added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop