Flanker Fotu Auelua Re-joins ACT Brumbies
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:39 PM EST
ACT Brumbies flanker Fotunu'upule Auelua, better known as Fotu, joined back the team to play for the crucial match against the Durban Sharks on Saturday.
Auelua was sidelined for a long stint of time after he had a medial ligament knee injury.
Brumbies, however, clarified that Auelua may not be fully fit to play the entire 80-minutes match. Laurie Fisher, the director of rugby, made it clear that Auelua will be introduced from the start of the match to put an attacking stand on the Sharks.
"We need to try to bend the line - that's why he's there. I know he's hungry for a game. I don't know they'll be intimidated, but it's about trying to get a big ball-carrier, some quick release and allowing us to play off the front foot," Fisher said on Auelua's selection.
The Brumbies are also keen to tighten their forward position after Siliva Siliva suffered an ankle injury, placing him out of the field for the rest of the season.
The 26-year-old Anthony Hegarty was seen on training. Hegarty had played all 16 matches for Super Rugby for the Brumbies in 2011 before he moved to the French club Grenoble.
Hegarty, who is currently in Canberra for his marriage, has expressed interest to play for Brumbies if Grenoble agrees to his loan.
Hegarty is due to join the French squad in June. The Brumbies have already started discussion with Grenoble to shell out a possible opportunity.
"We'll certainly explore whether we can do that. [Hegarty] knows pretty much everything we do, so that would be handy. He's keen, but in the end it's not my decision, it's not his decision, it'll be Grenoble's. We've made some contact already and we'll work in the next few days to see if there's any possibility at all. It's only as injury cover. We have Steve Moore and Josh Mann-Rea, so it's a potential easy out for us," Fisher added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate