Flanker Fotu Auelua Re-joins ACT Brumbies
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:39 PM EST
ACT Brumbies flanker Fotunu'upule Auelua, better known as Fotu, joined back the team to play for the crucial match against the Durban Sharks on Saturday.
Auelua was sidelined for a long stint of time after he had a medial ligament knee injury.
Brumbies, however, clarified that Auelua may not be fully fit to play the entire 80-minutes match. Laurie Fisher, the director of rugby, made it clear that Auelua will be introduced from the start of the match to put an attacking stand on the Sharks.
"We need to try to bend the line - that's why he's there. I know he's hungry for a game. I don't know they'll be intimidated, but it's about trying to get a big ball-carrier, some quick release and allowing us to play off the front foot," Fisher said on Auelua's selection.
The Brumbies are also keen to tighten their forward position after Siliva Siliva suffered an ankle injury, placing him out of the field for the rest of the season.
The 26-year-old Anthony Hegarty was seen on training. Hegarty had played all 16 matches for Super Rugby for the Brumbies in 2011 before he moved to the French club Grenoble.
Hegarty, who is currently in Canberra for his marriage, has expressed interest to play for Brumbies if Grenoble agrees to his loan.
Hegarty is due to join the French squad in June. The Brumbies have already started discussion with Grenoble to shell out a possible opportunity.
"We'll certainly explore whether we can do that. [Hegarty] knows pretty much everything we do, so that would be handy. He's keen, but in the end it's not my decision, it's not his decision, it'll be Grenoble's. We've made some contact already and we'll work in the next few days to see if there's any possibility at all. It's only as injury cover. We have Steve Moore and Josh Mann-Rea, so it's a potential easy out for us," Fisher added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight