Flanker Fotu Auelua Re-joins ACT Brumbies
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:39 PM EST
ACT Brumbies flanker Fotunu'upule Auelua, better known as Fotu, joined back the team to play for the crucial match against the Durban Sharks on Saturday.
Auelua was sidelined for a long stint of time after he had a medial ligament knee injury.
Brumbies, however, clarified that Auelua may not be fully fit to play the entire 80-minutes match. Laurie Fisher, the director of rugby, made it clear that Auelua will be introduced from the start of the match to put an attacking stand on the Sharks.
"We need to try to bend the line - that's why he's there. I know he's hungry for a game. I don't know they'll be intimidated, but it's about trying to get a big ball-carrier, some quick release and allowing us to play off the front foot," Fisher said on Auelua's selection.
The Brumbies are also keen to tighten their forward position after Siliva Siliva suffered an ankle injury, placing him out of the field for the rest of the season.
The 26-year-old Anthony Hegarty was seen on training. Hegarty had played all 16 matches for Super Rugby for the Brumbies in 2011 before he moved to the French club Grenoble.
Hegarty, who is currently in Canberra for his marriage, has expressed interest to play for Brumbies if Grenoble agrees to his loan.
Hegarty is due to join the French squad in June. The Brumbies have already started discussion with Grenoble to shell out a possible opportunity.
"We'll certainly explore whether we can do that. [Hegarty] knows pretty much everything we do, so that would be handy. He's keen, but in the end it's not my decision, it's not his decision, it'll be Grenoble's. We've made some contact already and we'll work in the next few days to see if there's any possibility at all. It's only as injury cover. We have Steve Moore and Josh Mann-Rea, so it's a potential easy out for us," Fisher added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June