Flanker Fotu Auelua Re-joins ACT Brumbies
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:39 PM EST
ACT Brumbies flanker Fotunu'upule Auelua, better known as Fotu, joined back the team to play for the crucial match against the Durban Sharks on Saturday.
Auelua was sidelined for a long stint of time after he had a medial ligament knee injury.
Brumbies, however, clarified that Auelua may not be fully fit to play the entire 80-minutes match. Laurie Fisher, the director of rugby, made it clear that Auelua will be introduced from the start of the match to put an attacking stand on the Sharks.
"We need to try to bend the line - that's why he's there. I know he's hungry for a game. I don't know they'll be intimidated, but it's about trying to get a big ball-carrier, some quick release and allowing us to play off the front foot," Fisher said on Auelua's selection.
The Brumbies are also keen to tighten their forward position after Siliva Siliva suffered an ankle injury, placing him out of the field for the rest of the season.
The 26-year-old Anthony Hegarty was seen on training. Hegarty had played all 16 matches for Super Rugby for the Brumbies in 2011 before he moved to the French club Grenoble.
Hegarty, who is currently in Canberra for his marriage, has expressed interest to play for Brumbies if Grenoble agrees to his loan.
Hegarty is due to join the French squad in June. The Brumbies have already started discussion with Grenoble to shell out a possible opportunity.
"We'll certainly explore whether we can do that. [Hegarty] knows pretty much everything we do, so that would be handy. He's keen, but in the end it's not my decision, it's not his decision, it'll be Grenoble's. We've made some contact already and we'll work in the next few days to see if there's any possibility at all. It's only as injury cover. We have Steve Moore and Josh Mann-Rea, so it's a potential easy out for us," Fisher added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS