Real Madrid Keen to Recruit Aussie Goalkeeper Mat Ryan in the Squad
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Spanish premier soccer club, Real Madrid has expressed interest on Aussie goalkeeper Mat Ryan, according to the statement of Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold.
The 22-year-old Socceroo goalkeeper currently plays for Club Bragge, a Belgian soccer club. Mat had earlier played under the leadership of Arnold in the A-League at the Central Coast Mariners.
Ryan was also looking forward to join the Australian World Cup squad after the retirement of Mark Schwarzar.
The new Sydney FC coach showered praises on the talented Ryan.
"Matty Ryan left here last year. He's gone across to Belgium and he's the best keeper in the league. I do believe - and I have heard - that he's getting interest from Real Madrid, he's been doing that well. That kid won't be fazed by anything," Arnold said.
The young and talented Mat Ryan played for the Central Coast Mariners junior team in the 2009 - 2010 season, after he was signed in the senior Mariners squad as a reserve goalkeeper. Ryan made his first A-League appearance in Round 4 of the 2010-2011 season against Sydney FC, which ended with 1-1 draw. His fault in the first match cost the opening goal for Sydney, but he was quite resilient to bounce back and gave a series of consistent performance.
In 2013, Ryan joined Belgian Pro League team Club Bragge and is still associated with the team.
Arnold also expressed his concern about the management of veteran footballers in the Australian team and believes the current national coach Ange Postecoglou may have to face a tough time.
"But knowing Ange, he'll do a great job and the players will be ready. Ange has stated from day one that he'll never be scared to give those kids the opportunity. Do they have the quality? I believe they do. No matter what team goes out there, they'll do Australia proud," Arnold added
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'