Real Madrid Keen to Recruit Aussie Goalkeeper Mat Ryan in the Squad
By Dhrubajyoti Biswas | May 9, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Spanish premier soccer club, Real Madrid has expressed interest on Aussie goalkeeper Mat Ryan, according to the statement of Sydney FC coach Graham Arnold.
The 22-year-old Socceroo goalkeeper currently plays for Club Bragge, a Belgian soccer club. Mat had earlier played under the leadership of Arnold in the A-League at the Central Coast Mariners.
Ryan was also looking forward to join the Australian World Cup squad after the retirement of Mark Schwarzar.
The new Sydney FC coach showered praises on the talented Ryan.
"Matty Ryan left here last year. He's gone across to Belgium and he's the best keeper in the league. I do believe - and I have heard - that he's getting interest from Real Madrid, he's been doing that well. That kid won't be fazed by anything," Arnold said.
The young and talented Mat Ryan played for the Central Coast Mariners junior team in the 2009 - 2010 season, after he was signed in the senior Mariners squad as a reserve goalkeeper. Ryan made his first A-League appearance in Round 4 of the 2010-2011 season against Sydney FC, which ended with 1-1 draw. His fault in the first match cost the opening goal for Sydney, but he was quite resilient to bounce back and gave a series of consistent performance.
In 2013, Ryan joined Belgian Pro League team Club Bragge and is still associated with the team.
Arnold also expressed his concern about the management of veteran footballers in the Australian team and believes the current national coach Ange Postecoglou may have to face a tough time.
"But knowing Ange, he'll do a great job and the players will be ready. Ange has stated from day one that he'll never be scared to give those kids the opportunity. Do they have the quality? I believe they do. No matter what team goes out there, they'll do Australia proud," Arnold added
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- WWE SummerSlam: Orton Vs Reigns Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers