NBA News: LeBron James Lands Role In Movie 'Trainwreck,' A Judd Apatow Comedy
By Tanya Diente | May 9, 2014 4:13 PM EST
The Miami Heat's LeBron James aka "King James," may not have earned an MVP this season, but he has landed a movie deal in "Trainwreck."
LeBron James is cast to star in "Trainwreck," a movie by Judd Apatow, the same director behind "Knock Up" and "The 40-Year Old Virgin." He will work alongside Tilda Swinton and pro wrestler John Cena.
Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitche
May 8, 2014; Miami, FL, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) reacts during the second half in game two of the second round of the 2014 NBA Playoffs against the Brooklyn Nets at American Airlines Arena. Miami won 94-82.
"Trainwreck" is a comedy movie about a woman trying to gain control of her life back. It is written by standup comedian Amy Schumer who lead stars the film with Bill Hader.
So should we be expecting a few laughs out of LeBron? Or a wrestle with John Cena?
According to The Guardian, this will be LeBron James' first major film. His previous acting experience was a cameo role in in the TV series "Entourage." However, "Trainwreck" won't be the only film lineup for the NBA star. According to Deadline, he is also set to play in Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment's movie "Ballers." The film is a basketball comedy written by comedian Kevin Hart who also stars in the film.
"Ballers" is about a man (Hart) who lives in the shadow of his brother (James), but gets a chance to prove himself during a weekend basketball camp in Miami. Hart who stands 5'3 as opposed to James' 6'8 will literally live in James' shadow during filming (see photo). Plans for production of "Ballers" will start in summer when James has time off from basketball.
How good is LeBron in acting?
"LeBron James can do whatever he wants to do. You want to know why? LeBron James is a self-made man, so I think he can," co-star Kevin Hart said when asked by TMZ, in lieu of their movie together.
Mike Fleming Jr. of Deadline said James has been looking into a starring role in a movie for a couple of years now, and "Trainwreck" is just one of them.
LeBron James will also produce "Trainwreck" together with Rachel Winter (Dallas Buyers Club), and husband Terence. The movie will be released in July 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions