Russian Forces Withdrawn in Ukraine's East: Putin Pulls a Quick Move
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 9, 2014 4:06 PM EST
President of Russia Vladimir Putin attends an informal meeting of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) at the Kremlin in Moscow, May 8, 2014.
Pres. Putin's sudden declaration of withdrawal, calling the Pro-Russian groups' referendum in eastern Ukraine to be temporarily delayed and softening his tone in his "conflict" with the West, surprised the world. According to political pundits in various reports, this move seemed to be going Putin's way.
While Putin was accused of starting all the chaos through militant groups in East Ukraine, Putin has stepped back from pushing for more. From this move, he is now being closely watched by political analysts if he'll be back pushing the buttons of disorder again.
"Putin is continuing to pursue the strategy of indirect, proxy destabilisation in order to achieve his goals. This latest apparent feint appears at best a tactic to diminish the costs of pursuing this strategy," said the Eurasia Group on Thursday," The Guardian reported .
Various reports said the events taking place in Ukraine may have been carefully fabricated to create linguistic, cultural and ethnic conflicts between the east and west. Later, when tensions rise and grow "out of hand," responsible leadership will manage and take care of the problem. Watchers speculated that Pres. Putin could be fitting that role.
Amid the ongoing conflict, what the Ukrainians want is for their country to remain independent while being peaceful with their neighboring countries. In the current Ukraine situation, an opinion poll resulted to responses that 41 percent minority of Ukraine's Russian-speaking people supported Russia's role in Ukraine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists