Russian Forces Withdrawn in Ukraine's East: Putin Pulls a Quick Move
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 9, 2014 4:06 PM EST
President of Russia Vladimir Putin attends an informal meeting of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) at the Kremlin in Moscow, May 8, 2014.
Pres. Putin's sudden declaration of withdrawal, calling the Pro-Russian groups' referendum in eastern Ukraine to be temporarily delayed and softening his tone in his "conflict" with the West, surprised the world. According to political pundits in various reports, this move seemed to be going Putin's way.
While Putin was accused of starting all the chaos through militant groups in East Ukraine, Putin has stepped back from pushing for more. From this move, he is now being closely watched by political analysts if he'll be back pushing the buttons of disorder again.
"Putin is continuing to pursue the strategy of indirect, proxy destabilisation in order to achieve his goals. This latest apparent feint appears at best a tactic to diminish the costs of pursuing this strategy," said the Eurasia Group on Thursday," The Guardian reported .
Various reports said the events taking place in Ukraine may have been carefully fabricated to create linguistic, cultural and ethnic conflicts between the east and west. Later, when tensions rise and grow "out of hand," responsible leadership will manage and take care of the problem. Watchers speculated that Pres. Putin could be fitting that role.
Amid the ongoing conflict, what the Ukrainians want is for their country to remain independent while being peaceful with their neighboring countries. In the current Ukraine situation, an opinion poll resulted to responses that 41 percent minority of Ukraine's Russian-speaking people supported Russia's role in Ukraine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build