Russian Forces Withdrawn in Ukraine's East: Putin Pulls a Quick Move
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 9, 2014 4:06 PM EST
President of Russia Vladimir Putin attends an informal meeting of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) at the Kremlin in Moscow, May 8, 2014.
Pres. Putin's sudden declaration of withdrawal, calling the Pro-Russian groups' referendum in eastern Ukraine to be temporarily delayed and softening his tone in his "conflict" with the West, surprised the world. According to political pundits in various reports, this move seemed to be going Putin's way.
While Putin was accused of starting all the chaos through militant groups in East Ukraine, Putin has stepped back from pushing for more. From this move, he is now being closely watched by political analysts if he'll be back pushing the buttons of disorder again.
"Putin is continuing to pursue the strategy of indirect, proxy destabilisation in order to achieve his goals. This latest apparent feint appears at best a tactic to diminish the costs of pursuing this strategy," said the Eurasia Group on Thursday," The Guardian reported .
Various reports said the events taking place in Ukraine may have been carefully fabricated to create linguistic, cultural and ethnic conflicts between the east and west. Later, when tensions rise and grow "out of hand," responsible leadership will manage and take care of the problem. Watchers speculated that Pres. Putin could be fitting that role.
Amid the ongoing conflict, what the Ukrainians want is for their country to remain independent while being peaceful with their neighboring countries. In the current Ukraine situation, an opinion poll resulted to responses that 41 percent minority of Ukraine's Russian-speaking people supported Russia's role in Ukraine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Kim Dotcom Thinks He Will Go To Jail in New Zealand; Admits Before Bail Hearing He is 'Broke'
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast