Russian Forces Withdrawn in Ukraine's East: Putin Pulls a Quick Move
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 9, 2014 4:06 PM EST
President of Russia Vladimir Putin attends an informal meeting of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) at the Kremlin in Moscow, May 8, 2014.
Pres. Putin's sudden declaration of withdrawal, calling the Pro-Russian groups' referendum in eastern Ukraine to be temporarily delayed and softening his tone in his "conflict" with the West, surprised the world. According to political pundits in various reports, this move seemed to be going Putin's way.
While Putin was accused of starting all the chaos through militant groups in East Ukraine, Putin has stepped back from pushing for more. From this move, he is now being closely watched by political analysts if he'll be back pushing the buttons of disorder again.
"Putin is continuing to pursue the strategy of indirect, proxy destabilisation in order to achieve his goals. This latest apparent feint appears at best a tactic to diminish the costs of pursuing this strategy," said the Eurasia Group on Thursday," The Guardian reported .
Various reports said the events taking place in Ukraine may have been carefully fabricated to create linguistic, cultural and ethnic conflicts between the east and west. Later, when tensions rise and grow "out of hand," responsible leadership will manage and take care of the problem. Watchers speculated that Pres. Putin could be fitting that role.
Amid the ongoing conflict, what the Ukrainians want is for their country to remain independent while being peaceful with their neighboring countries. In the current Ukraine situation, an opinion poll resulted to responses that 41 percent minority of Ukraine's Russian-speaking people supported Russia's role in Ukraine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Graeme Hart Richest Kiwi in NBR Rich List 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8