Russian Forces Withdrawn in Ukraine's East: Putin Pulls a Quick Move
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 9, 2014 4:06 PM EST
President of Russia Vladimir Putin attends an informal meeting of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) at the Kremlin in Moscow, May 8, 2014.
Pres. Putin's sudden declaration of withdrawal, calling the Pro-Russian groups' referendum in eastern Ukraine to be temporarily delayed and softening his tone in his "conflict" with the West, surprised the world. According to political pundits in various reports, this move seemed to be going Putin's way.
While Putin was accused of starting all the chaos through militant groups in East Ukraine, Putin has stepped back from pushing for more. From this move, he is now being closely watched by political analysts if he'll be back pushing the buttons of disorder again.
"Putin is continuing to pursue the strategy of indirect, proxy destabilisation in order to achieve his goals. This latest apparent feint appears at best a tactic to diminish the costs of pursuing this strategy," said the Eurasia Group on Thursday," The Guardian reported .
Various reports said the events taking place in Ukraine may have been carefully fabricated to create linguistic, cultural and ethnic conflicts between the east and west. Later, when tensions rise and grow "out of hand," responsible leadership will manage and take care of the problem. Watchers speculated that Pres. Putin could be fitting that role.
Amid the ongoing conflict, what the Ukrainians want is for their country to remain independent while being peaceful with their neighboring countries. In the current Ukraine situation, an opinion poll resulted to responses that 41 percent minority of Ukraine's Russian-speaking people supported Russia's role in Ukraine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage