'Days of Our Lives' Casting Spoiler: James Scott to Quit, Alison Sweeney to Exit after 21 Years
By Sonam Malik | May 9, 2014 3:04 PM EST
Fans of "Days of Lives" were shocked when their favorite actor James Scott announced his departure from the show. The actor who plays the role of EJ DiMera in the popular daytime series of NBC is calling it quits after being in the show for eight long years.
Alison Sweeney to Quit "Days of Our Lives" (Photo: WikiCommons/GlennFrancis)
"We are saddened but supportive of James Scott's decision to leave the show after eight years to take some personal time and pursue new projects," said NBC/Corday Productions in a statement to Soap Opera Digest. "His contribution to the show has been tremendous and we wish him the best always."
"I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to NBC, Sony and Corday, particularly Ken Corday, for the amazing 8 year run on 'Days of our Lives' and for graciously supporting me in my decision in leaving the show to take personal time. To the unbelievably loving fans, I can't begin to express my gratitude for your love and support over the years. I will miss you immensely," Scott said about his descion to leave the show.
Scott played the pivotal role of DiMera, who is the son of a crime mafia based out of Salem city. In the serial his romantic interest is played by Alison Sweeney, who portrays the role of Sami Brady.
Meanwhile, Sweeney has also planned to exit the show and told Ellen DeGeneras in January that she will end her association with the show after 21 years.
"I've been on "Days of Our Lives" for 21 years. I'm celebrating my 21st year and I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show," Sweeney told DeGeneres, reported NewYork Daily.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report