Early Mother's Day - Kevin Durant Acknowledges His Mom as the Real MVP [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 9, 2014 2:29 PM EST
It looks like Mother's Day came early for Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant's Mom. In Durant's speech for his first ever NBA MVP award last Tuesday, he said to his mom Wanda, "You're the real MVP."
May 6, 2014; Oklahoma City, OK, USA; Oklahoma City Thunder player Kevin Durant speaks after receiving the MVP trophy at Thunder Events Center. Reuters/Alonzo Adams-USA TODAY Sports
In Durant's NBA career, he already had some number of awards and honors to boot. In his early years in the NBA, he became "Rookie of the Year" for 2008 and NBA All-Star Game MVP in 2012. Because of his lethal perimeter shooting, three-point range, and mad scoring abilities, he already had four NBA Scoring Champion titles over the recent years. The most recent award for Durant was receiving the present NBA season's MVP award. He may have been closely watched by basketball pundits and critics vying for the title against Miami Heat's LeBron James recently, and this time he finally achieved one of his dreams.
Many past NBA MVP awardees have shown gratitude and humility when they received their titles before. But Durant seemed to be different from them all. Yes the humility and gratitude was there, but no one like Durant became emotional with it. Durant went on recognizing and thanking each and every teammate, friend, and family member during his speech. He honored his friends with all the help they had been to Durant's career.
The emotions he had during his speech showed how the award meant to him.
After thanking everyone, Durant answered questions from the press recovering from emotional tears.
Kevin Durant, being already liked by many, attracted more fans in his direction since his latest MVP acceptance speech.
In 2012, a poll revealed that he was favored more by fans Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. In Oklahoma City, he's been interacting nicely with the Thunder's staff, and other people. Many people testify about their nice experiences with Kevin Durant, thus extending his fame outside the basketball courts as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS