Mother’s Day 2014: Top 10 Last Minute, Budget Friendly Mother’s Day Gift Ideas to Make Moms Feel Loved and Appreciated
By jaskiran kaur | May 9, 2014 2:28 PM EST
Mother's Day is just around the corner and finding that perfect gift for your beloved mother can be stressful. She's one of the most important persons in your life and she deserves to know that. Her unconditional love and painstaking efforts deserve to be appreciated. A thoughtful gift can convey the message and make her feel loved and appreciated. Let her know how great she is with a gift that is not expensive but very thoughtful. Here are top 10 last-minute yet budget friendly (affordable and cheap) mother's day gift ideas.
1. A Special Brunch: Give her a day off. Free her from performing tedious household chores. Let her enjoy the spring morning and simply relax. Spoil her with a brunch or breakfast in bed. Make sure to include all those food items in the menu that she absolutely relishes.
2. Say it With Words: One of the best last minute gifts that won't cost you a penny is sending out a heartfelt message to your mother. Writing a letter from the heart or composing a poem expressing one's feelings, makes for the perfect mother's day gift that is bound to make her happy. So don't delay and compose something that expresses feelings deeply felt.
3. A Much Needed Gift: Rather than looking around for something fancy, pick up something that your mother has been thinking of buying from a longtime. It could be any small item that she couldn't find time to buy. Imagine that precious smile on her face and that itself makes it a much special gift.
4. Do What She Loves to Do: Mothers usually forget about their whims and fancies. With so many tasks to finish in a day, they might end up neglecting doing what they love. So think of what she enjoys doing the most. Think of her favorite hobby and spend time doing it with her. If she loves dancing, take her out dancing. If she loves cooking, help her in cooking. Just do what makes her happy.
5. Take Her Around: Let her make most of this holiday. This mother's day, gift her a day full of fun and entertainment. Take her to the places she would love to go. If she enjoys exploring places, take her around and show her a new place. If she enjoys watching movies, take watch back-to-back movies and let her enjoy the day.
6. Create a CD/DVD: Note all her favorite songs and create a music CD that your mother can enjoy while working. One can also present a movies DVD, filled with her favorite classic movies as mother's day gift. It is one of the best last minute yet cheap gift ideas.
7. Assist Her in Learning Something: If there is something that your mother wants to learn and master, then spend some time helping her in doing so. It could be anything from learning how to use an app on her smartphone to a computer trick.
8. Personalized Jewelry: Put your creative hats on and create something wonderful that can be stored and savoured forever. Personalized jewelry is one of the best last minute yet budget friendly mother's day gift ideas. One can create necklaces and bracelets at home which will definitely make her feel special.
9. A Fun Family Picnic: Mothers' lives revolve around her family. What makes her most happy is seeing everyone together, enjoying time with each other. Maker her wishes come true and plan a fun picnic day. Call up everyone in the family for the picnic that will include some snacks and some fun activities.
10. A List of Kitchen Hacks: Look for some tricks that can make her life easier in the kitchen or with her daily chores. Prepare a list of at least 20 life hacks and present it to your mom as mother's day gift. This last minute, budget friendly gifts will make her feel loved and cared for.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- How Australian Father Stabbed 11-Year-Old Son Dead, More Details Emerge
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage