Mother’s Day 2014: Top 10 Last Minute, Budget Friendly Mother’s Day Gift Ideas to Make Moms Feel Loved and Appreciated
By jaskiran kaur | May 9, 2014 2:28 PM EST
Mother's Day is just around the corner and finding that perfect gift for your beloved mother can be stressful. She's one of the most important persons in your life and she deserves to know that. Her unconditional love and painstaking efforts deserve to be appreciated. A thoughtful gift can convey the message and make her feel loved and appreciated. Let her know how great she is with a gift that is not expensive but very thoughtful. Here are top 10 last-minute yet budget friendly (affordable and cheap) mother's day gift ideas.
1. A Special Brunch: Give her a day off. Free her from performing tedious household chores. Let her enjoy the spring morning and simply relax. Spoil her with a brunch or breakfast in bed. Make sure to include all those food items in the menu that she absolutely relishes.
2. Say it With Words: One of the best last minute gifts that won't cost you a penny is sending out a heartfelt message to your mother. Writing a letter from the heart or composing a poem expressing one's feelings, makes for the perfect mother's day gift that is bound to make her happy. So don't delay and compose something that expresses feelings deeply felt.
3. A Much Needed Gift: Rather than looking around for something fancy, pick up something that your mother has been thinking of buying from a longtime. It could be any small item that she couldn't find time to buy. Imagine that precious smile on her face and that itself makes it a much special gift.
4. Do What She Loves to Do: Mothers usually forget about their whims and fancies. With so many tasks to finish in a day, they might end up neglecting doing what they love. So think of what she enjoys doing the most. Think of her favorite hobby and spend time doing it with her. If she loves dancing, take her out dancing. If she loves cooking, help her in cooking. Just do what makes her happy.
5. Take Her Around: Let her make most of this holiday. This mother's day, gift her a day full of fun and entertainment. Take her to the places she would love to go. If she enjoys exploring places, take her around and show her a new place. If she enjoys watching movies, take watch back-to-back movies and let her enjoy the day.
6. Create a CD/DVD: Note all her favorite songs and create a music CD that your mother can enjoy while working. One can also present a movies DVD, filled with her favorite classic movies as mother's day gift. It is one of the best last minute yet cheap gift ideas.
7. Assist Her in Learning Something: If there is something that your mother wants to learn and master, then spend some time helping her in doing so. It could be anything from learning how to use an app on her smartphone to a computer trick.
8. Personalized Jewelry: Put your creative hats on and create something wonderful that can be stored and savoured forever. Personalized jewelry is one of the best last minute yet budget friendly mother's day gift ideas. One can create necklaces and bracelets at home which will definitely make her feel special.
9. A Fun Family Picnic: Mothers' lives revolve around her family. What makes her most happy is seeing everyone together, enjoying time with each other. Maker her wishes come true and plan a fun picnic day. Call up everyone in the family for the picnic that will include some snacks and some fun activities.
10. A List of Kitchen Hacks: Look for some tricks that can make her life easier in the kitchen or with her daily chores. Prepare a list of at least 20 life hacks and present it to your mom as mother's day gift. This last minute, budget friendly gifts will make her feel loved and cared for.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June