San Antonio Spurs Treat Portland Trail Blazers to Another Blowout, Takes 2-0 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | May 9, 2014 2:26 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs are in total control of their best-of-seven series against the Portland Trail Blazers after taking Game 2 to the tune of 114-97 in yet another blowout win for the defending Western Conference champions.
Despite the poor shooting (11-of-19 field goal shooting) of Tony Parker, who had 33 points in Game 1, San Antonio still found a lot of offense in this one with four out of five starters ending up in double-figure scoring for the Spurs even as three other guys off the bench also scored a dozen points or more.
Kawhi Leonard had 20 points, 2 steals and 2 blocked, Parker had 16 points and 10 assists and Tiago Splitter had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Nicolas Batum top-scored for the Blazers with 21 points as LaMarcus Aldridge (16 points) and Damian Lillard (19 points) combined to shoot just 14-of-43 from the field.
Game 3 is set on Saturday when the series shifts to Portland.
View the slide show for more images from the Trail Blazers-Spurs Game 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider