San Antonio Spurs Treat Portland Trail Blazers to Another Blowout, Takes 2-0 Series Lead
By James Patrick Quizon | May 9, 2014 2:26 PM EST
The San Antonio Spurs are in total control of their best-of-seven series against the Portland Trail Blazers after taking Game 2 to the tune of 114-97 in yet another blowout win for the defending Western Conference champions.
Despite the poor shooting (11-of-19 field goal shooting) of Tony Parker, who had 33 points in Game 1, San Antonio still found a lot of offense in this one with four out of five starters ending up in double-figure scoring for the Spurs even as three other guys off the bench also scored a dozen points or more.
Kawhi Leonard had 20 points, 2 steals and 2 blocked, Parker had 16 points and 10 assists and Tiago Splitter had 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Nicolas Batum top-scored for the Blazers with 21 points as LaMarcus Aldridge (16 points) and Damian Lillard (19 points) combined to shoot just 14-of-43 from the field.
Game 3 is set on Saturday when the series shifts to Portland.
View the slide show for more images from the Trail Blazers-Spurs Game 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon