Lorde of Thrones: ‘Game of Thrones’ Star Maisie Williams Copies Lorde’s Makeup Style
By Anne Lu | May 9, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Maisie Williams has transformed herself into another popular 17-year-old using the power of cosmetics. The “Game of Thrones” star had “far too much time on my hands” as she posted side-by-side photos of her and Kiwi singer Lorde looking very similar.
On Thursday, the English actress, best known for playing Arya Stark in the HBO fantasy series “Game of Thrones,” showcased her skill in makeup when she mimicked Lorde’s style.
Good Lorde, I have far too much time on my hands. .. *slow clap* pic.twitter.com/EDB2ch5WF6
— Maisie Williams (@Maisie_Williams) May 7, 2014
She did a great job. Sporting a dark lipstick and Lorde’s signature lush brunette tresses, Williams looked at the camera the same way Lorde had done in her picture.
While Williams appeared to be a fan of the “Royals” singer, Lorde has admitted in a previous interview that she doesn’t watch Williams’ popular TV show.
“I don’t watch Game of Thrones,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Lorde as saying.
“I feel like it would be weird because I’m not super into that fantasy TV. I watch Sopranos, I watch Mad Men,” the songstress continued, adding that she also watch “Friday Night Lights.”
Nevertheless, the show’s popularity just keeps on rising, and that scares Williams a bit.
Williams, who was only 12 when she joined the cast, admitted that she finds the success of the show “daunting.”
“The viewing figures keep going up and up and people are catching up with the box sets now,” she told host Nick Grimshaw on the Radio 1 Breakfast Show.
“It’s really great, but also really daunting. During season one and two I didn’t get recognised.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]
- 'The Originals' Season 2 Spoilers: EP Michael Narducci Teases Baby Hope Is Completely Unique