Samsung Galaxy F Series to Compete with Apple iPhone 6, New Samsung SM-G110 Spotted and More
By Precious Silva | May 9, 2014 1:59 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy F series promises to be a handset to watch out as recent leaks hint that it will be Samsung's first foray into the ultra high-resolution market. According to recent information, the upcoming device will feature 2K display resolution. Likewise, the Korean tech giant will also be gunning for all-metal casing for a more premium appeal. Will the Samsung Galaxy F be the contender against Apple's upcoming iPhone 6?
A new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone is displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist.Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
According to a report by Phone Arena, Samsung executives may have denied reports about the release of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime but they did not say the Samsung Galaxy F-line is non-existent. The Samsung Galaxy F-line will be a premium or luxury series that will feature top notch functions on upcoming devices. Some of these include a Quad HD display, higher price tag, premium design and limited numbers.
The combination of premium features may prove successful for Samsung especially since the market has been looking for a more premium flagship from Samsung. If Samsung will push through with its Galaxy F series, it will compete against LG G3. According to reports, LG G3 will also feature a Quad HD screen.
The Korean media noted that the limited number of supply is only natural because Samsung cannot manufacture Super AMOLED displays with 1440x2560 pixels in larger quantities. Likewise, producing this type of panel is costlier than to create a QHD screen through LCD technology. The latter is the same process LG will reportedly use for the G3.
If Samsung can push through with the display then it will be offering a more standout feature than most competitors. Along with this, it appears Samsung is intent on catering to every part of the market. According to a report by Uber Gizmo, a new Samsung handset has been spotted. The latest leak revealed that the Samsung SM-G110 is up and running Android 4.4 KitKat.
The report also noted that Samsung intends to include the Samsung SM-G110 as Pocket brand. Other reported specs include 3.3" touch screen dislay, 240 x 320 resolution and 1GHz processor with a ARM Cortex-A7 architecture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast