Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Phablet No Longer Available in United Kingdom; Discontinuation May Be Due to Negative Feedback
By Ryan Inoyori | May 9, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra was supposed to be released in United Kingdom until latest feedback led to its discontinuation in the region according to an online mobile phone retailer. Is Sony Xperia Z Ultra 2013 much better?
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Discontinued in UK
For those who are waiting for the arrival of Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, a disappointing update has been released from Clove UK. The online mobile phone retailer updated the status of Xperia T2 Ultra to "discontinued" without any official reason. Additionally, Clove UK inserted a text below the "discontinued" status.
"The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra will not be coming to the UK and is no longer available for sale."
Clove did not explain the reasons behind the lack of availability in United Kingdom but according to reviews, Xperia T2 Ultra received negative opinions from users leading to customer dissatisfaction.
However, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra remains available at Sony Mobile's official global Web site for pre-registration.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra features and specifications have classified it as a mid-range phablet. Some details may appeal users while others may see disappointment if to consider its expensive price tag.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 6.0 inches of IPS LCD display
- 720 x 1280 display resolution with Triluminous and BRAVIA engine 2
- 13 MP primary camera
- 8 GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- 1 GB of RAM
- 3000 mAh battery
Xperia T2 Ultra key features include a new photo retouch app, Timeshift Burst mode, Augmented Reality camera pp, Background Defocus and 4G-LTE network compatibility.
If compared with the 2013 Sony Xperia Z Ultra phablet, some technical specifications are downgraded. Although a few things such as IPS LCD display, BRAVIA engine 2, a 13 MP camera with flash and Android 4.3 makes Xperia T2 Ultra better than Xperia Z Ultra 2013.
1. 720p resolution only which is lower than 1080p of Xperia Z Ultra.
2. Display glass is not shatter proof and vulnerable to scratches.
3. No USB OTG support
4. Lower processor type compared with Xperia Z Ultra.
5. RAM is 1 GB smaller than Xperia Z Ultra.
6. Offers only half of internal storage of Xperia Z Ultra.
7. Can only support up to 32 GB of microSD card.
8. Graphics processing unit is not Adreno 330.
Sony Mobile has not yet release any announcements or comments regarding the discontinuation of Xperia T2 Ultra in United Kingdom at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members