Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Phablet No Longer Available in United Kingdom; Discontinuation May Be Due to Negative Feedback
By Ryan Inoyori | May 9, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra was supposed to be released in United Kingdom until latest feedback led to its discontinuation in the region according to an online mobile phone retailer. Is Sony Xperia Z Ultra 2013 much better?
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Discontinued in UK
For those who are waiting for the arrival of Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, a disappointing update has been released from Clove UK. The online mobile phone retailer updated the status of Xperia T2 Ultra to "discontinued" without any official reason. Additionally, Clove UK inserted a text below the "discontinued" status.
"The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra will not be coming to the UK and is no longer available for sale."
Clove did not explain the reasons behind the lack of availability in United Kingdom but according to reviews, Xperia T2 Ultra received negative opinions from users leading to customer dissatisfaction.
However, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra remains available at Sony Mobile's official global Web site for pre-registration.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra features and specifications have classified it as a mid-range phablet. Some details may appeal users while others may see disappointment if to consider its expensive price tag.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 6.0 inches of IPS LCD display
- 720 x 1280 display resolution with Triluminous and BRAVIA engine 2
- 13 MP primary camera
- 8 GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- 1 GB of RAM
- 3000 mAh battery
Xperia T2 Ultra key features include a new photo retouch app, Timeshift Burst mode, Augmented Reality camera pp, Background Defocus and 4G-LTE network compatibility.
If compared with the 2013 Sony Xperia Z Ultra phablet, some technical specifications are downgraded. Although a few things such as IPS LCD display, BRAVIA engine 2, a 13 MP camera with flash and Android 4.3 makes Xperia T2 Ultra better than Xperia Z Ultra 2013.
1. 720p resolution only which is lower than 1080p of Xperia Z Ultra.
2. Display glass is not shatter proof and vulnerable to scratches.
3. No USB OTG support
4. Lower processor type compared with Xperia Z Ultra.
5. RAM is 1 GB smaller than Xperia Z Ultra.
6. Offers only half of internal storage of Xperia Z Ultra.
7. Can only support up to 32 GB of microSD card.
8. Graphics processing unit is not Adreno 330.
Sony Mobile has not yet release any announcements or comments regarding the discontinuation of Xperia T2 Ultra in United Kingdom at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports