Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Phablet No Longer Available in United Kingdom; Discontinuation May Be Due to Negative Feedback
By Ryan Inoyori | May 9, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra was supposed to be released in United Kingdom until latest feedback led to its discontinuation in the region according to an online mobile phone retailer. Is Sony Xperia Z Ultra 2013 much better?
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Discontinued in UK
For those who are waiting for the arrival of Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, a disappointing update has been released from Clove UK. The online mobile phone retailer updated the status of Xperia T2 Ultra to "discontinued" without any official reason. Additionally, Clove UK inserted a text below the "discontinued" status.
"The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra will not be coming to the UK and is no longer available for sale."
Clove did not explain the reasons behind the lack of availability in United Kingdom but according to reviews, Xperia T2 Ultra received negative opinions from users leading to customer dissatisfaction.
However, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra remains available at Sony Mobile's official global Web site for pre-registration.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra features and specifications have classified it as a mid-range phablet. Some details may appeal users while others may see disappointment if to consider its expensive price tag.
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 6.0 inches of IPS LCD display
- 720 x 1280 display resolution with Triluminous and BRAVIA engine 2
- 13 MP primary camera
- 8 GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- 1 GB of RAM
- 3000 mAh battery
Xperia T2 Ultra key features include a new photo retouch app, Timeshift Burst mode, Augmented Reality camera pp, Background Defocus and 4G-LTE network compatibility.
If compared with the 2013 Sony Xperia Z Ultra phablet, some technical specifications are downgraded. Although a few things such as IPS LCD display, BRAVIA engine 2, a 13 MP camera with flash and Android 4.3 makes Xperia T2 Ultra better than Xperia Z Ultra 2013.
1. 720p resolution only which is lower than 1080p of Xperia Z Ultra.
2. Display glass is not shatter proof and vulnerable to scratches.
3. No USB OTG support
4. Lower processor type compared with Xperia Z Ultra.
5. RAM is 1 GB smaller than Xperia Z Ultra.
6. Offers only half of internal storage of Xperia Z Ultra.
7. Can only support up to 32 GB of microSD card.
8. Graphics processing unit is not Adreno 330.
Sony Mobile has not yet release any announcements or comments regarding the discontinuation of Xperia T2 Ultra in United Kingdom at this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports