'GTA Online': New Rockstar-Verified Jobs to Play Before The High Life Update Arrives
By Gel Galang | May 9, 2014 12:22 PM EST
Rockstar Games has previously announced "GTA Online's" The High Life Update will be coming in by May 13. This update will allow gamers to get new features, including new vehicles, new options to the real estate market, new garage space and even multi-property ownership.
But seeing a how that's still almost an entire week away, Rockstar Games has also released 10 more new Rockstar-verified jobs which gamers can play for the meantime while they wait for The High Life Update. Here's a rundown of the various jobs they can take on "GTA Online."
Criss Cross Dock Race
It's all about eight players doing Land Racing around the docks as an extension of the 4-way Madness-verified jobs. Expect mid-air collisions and perfect sites for drifting.
Welcome to LS
The Los Santos Airport is gamers' playground, where they can make use of the sweeping turns by the terminal approach roads. Of course, there are also tricky turns where perfect timing and braking are key to winning the race.
Taking off the previous side of double back races across a bridge, Chickin' Drifting involves placing chicken sheds along the bridge running over Lago Zancudo. It's more about gamers knowing how to bob and weave rather than going as fast as they can—and making sure to get all those chances to take the lead by smashing into the leaders when they can.
Ride on Sanchez dirtbikes along the streams in Vinewood Hills and get ready to face off with an extra challenge on the on-road section that transitions between streams.
Bad - San Andreas
Tight and technical could be Rockstar's terms for this race, as gamers need to go through cark parks of downtown Los Santos. Recommendations for a more enjoyable time doing this race include playing through with the Albany Roosevelt that came with The Valentine's Day Massacre Update.
A two-team stronghold map where gmares have a fortified centre, where one team holds the fort as a defense while the other serve as attackers. It's either having a defensive viewpoint or the attacker's choice with strong weapons on the side.
Ew, You Stepped in Dooody
Hilarious title but not so much when gamers start to deal with on-and-off ramps off some Freeways in downtown Los Santos. Players will be testing their timing, braking, drifting and accelerating in different parts of the race—plus the addition of having two opponents: fellow racers and that doody.
(Credit: YouTube/LYTZ Out SoCiety)
Hold: The Watch Tower
It starts off with players letting out all their firepower as four teams of two trying to attack together a central area to get Capture bags protected by armed militia. But when they've already gotten through the common enemy, gamers need to prepare for all-out war as each team fights for its own to get those bags for themselves.
The key to winning may be how gamers take advantage of the speed boost at the starting grid, as The Academic doesn't have much room where they can get back first place once they've lost it.
The Los Santos Riots
A Deathmatch that takes place in the residential Strawberry, the setting is littered with emergency vehicles and buses, where gamers' battle cry is all about taking back the power and raising hell on the streets of South Central Los Santos.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown