PS4 Games: Reported God of War: Ascension on PS4, Exclusive JRPG in September and Delayed Elder Scrolls Online
By Gel Galang | May 9, 2014 11:54 AM EST
Ever since the remastered version of The Last of Us has become an official addition o the list of must-have games for the PS4, there has been a smattering of game titles that fans hope would be playable on Sony's next-gen console.
And this time, another favorite title has been hinted by industry insider Shinobi062 as a possible addition to the PS4. The God of War Collection has been tapped for the PS Vita, as formally announced by Sony.
Slash Gear reports that the insider has tipped that God of War: Ascension, a prequel to the original and a game released more than a year ago on the PS3 may come to the PS4. Whether or not this is a remastered edition like The Last of Us or Tomb Raider has yet to be announced. But given how well-received God of War: Ascension as it pretty much extends (or at the very least, maintains) the tone and mood set by a God of War franchise, it won't be surprising to see it debut as a native game on the PS4.
The Elder Scrolls Online delayed for half a year on PS4, Xbox One
It all started out with an official FAQ released for The Elder Scrolls Online, and according to Forbes, a question on when the official release of the game will be.
After a reply that revealed a delay of six months for the PS4 and Xbox One versions was released too early, developer Bethesda has finally released an official statement regarding the matter.
"We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms," said Bethesda in an official statement on their web site.
Bethesda does acknowledge that the delay will make fans feel disappointment, especially with the entire half a year's worth of delay, so that developer is offering something by way of a special offer for those who will be playing on the PS4 and Xbox One.
So long as you purchase and play the PC or Mac version of The Elders Scrolls Online by the end of June, you can transfer the characters to either the PS4 of Xbox One version of the game once they are released. This proposition has two advantages--immediate play of the game and a chance to own the PS4 or Xbox One version of The Elder Scrolls Online and another 30 days of included game time for just an additional $20.
Japanese RPG PS4 exclusive announced
Following news of the Xbox One having an exclusive Japanese RPG game from a renowned studio, the PS4 also has its own JRPG, which was recently announced via Famitsu, a Japanese weekly magazine.
Titled Omega Quintet, DualShockers reports that it will be a, idol-fantasy RPG that will be coming on September 18 in Japan. There's still no news on whether the title will get a release in the West, though the story itself is a pretty niche one, focusing on mysterious "beep" powers that erodes the world and minds of those living in it.
But it's pretty interesting, and the link already features the character design, which is very reminiscent of K-On characters crossed with Card Captor Sakura costumes.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide