Arson at Former Tennis Athlete James Blake’s Florida Mansion, 4 Bodies Found in the Charred Remains
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 9, 2014 11:28 AM EST
Former professional tennis athlete James Blake was reportedly a victim of arson after a perpetrator deliberately set his Florida mansion on fire. Four bodies were found in the charred remains, it has been claimed.
Blake wasn't at his house when the fire went ablaze, CNN reported. He was leasing it out to a family of four, all of whom were found in their respective bedrooms. Hillsborough Country Sheriff Col. Donna Lusczynski said that two adult bodies were found in one bedroom and the bodies of two teenages were located in each of their bedrooms. Unfortunately, it will take a while before the police investigators working on the case can identify the victims' bodies. However, they are certain that a pyromaniac purposely set the house on fire.
"We have also confirmed that the fire was started intentionally by an unknown accelerant," Lusczynski said.
According to a report by the New York Times, Darrin Campbell was renting the property from Blake. Campbell, 48, was married to Kimberly, 51. The couple had two teenage children, Colin, 19, and Megan, 16. The family had reportedly been missing since Wednesday, but as mentioned before, the authorities haven't been able to "positively identify" if the victims' bodies found at the scene are that of Campbell's family.
TMZ reported that the victims' bodies had bullet wounds. A gun that belonged to Darrin was allegedly found in the burnt mansion.
"Detectives are not yet calling it a murder-suicide, but it sure seems that way, with new evidence showing the killer was most likely the father of the family of four that had been living in the Tampa Home," wrote TMZ.
Blake's mansion is situated in the exclusive subdivision Avila. Other well-known sport personalities like New York Yankees' Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera have bought homes in the said community. Blake purchased the house back in 2005 for $1.5 million. He now lives in Connecticut. He is married to Emily Snider, a publicist. He has a two-year-old daughter named Riley Elizabeth.
Blake once ranked fourth in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories