Arson at Former Tennis Athlete James Blake’s Florida Mansion, 4 Bodies Found in the Charred Remains
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 9, 2014 11:28 AM EST
Former professional tennis athlete James Blake was reportedly a victim of arson after a perpetrator deliberately set his Florida mansion on fire. Four bodies were found in the charred remains, it has been claimed.
Blake wasn't at his house when the fire went ablaze, CNN reported. He was leasing it out to a family of four, all of whom were found in their respective bedrooms. Hillsborough Country Sheriff Col. Donna Lusczynski said that two adult bodies were found in one bedroom and the bodies of two teenages were located in each of their bedrooms. Unfortunately, it will take a while before the police investigators working on the case can identify the victims' bodies. However, they are certain that a pyromaniac purposely set the house on fire.
"We have also confirmed that the fire was started intentionally by an unknown accelerant," Lusczynski said.
According to a report by the New York Times, Darrin Campbell was renting the property from Blake. Campbell, 48, was married to Kimberly, 51. The couple had two teenage children, Colin, 19, and Megan, 16. The family had reportedly been missing since Wednesday, but as mentioned before, the authorities haven't been able to "positively identify" if the victims' bodies found at the scene are that of Campbell's family.
TMZ reported that the victims' bodies had bullet wounds. A gun that belonged to Darrin was allegedly found in the burnt mansion.
"Detectives are not yet calling it a murder-suicide, but it sure seems that way, with new evidence showing the killer was most likely the father of the family of four that had been living in the Tampa Home," wrote TMZ.
Blake's mansion is situated in the exclusive subdivision Avila. Other well-known sport personalities like New York Yankees' Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera have bought homes in the said community. Blake purchased the house back in 2005 for $1.5 million. He now lives in Connecticut. He is married to Emily Snider, a publicist. He has a two-year-old daughter named Riley Elizabeth.
Blake once ranked fourth in the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced