Pacquiao Reportedly to Start Promoting Self Under Own MP Promotions
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 9, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Manny Pacquiao is reportedly contemplating on promoting himself under his own MP Promotions and even doing business with other promoters.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines greets a fan as he makes his official arrival at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
According to Ring TV, Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz revealed that a contract extension with Bob Arum's Top Rank is possible. However, Koncz also said that they need to weigh the things and ensure that their decision would be the best for Pacquiao at this point in time. "Bob has been good to us and we have nothing negative to say about Top Rank but we have to decide what's best for Manny at this stage of his career," Koncz said.
Koncz said that if Pacquiao does not extend his contract with Top Rank, the eight-division world champion might just promote himself under his own name. "If we don't' extend our contract with Top Rank, we may go out on our own and promoter ourselves."
"Maybe we'll have a partner and promote ourselves."
In January, Koncz spoke with Boxing Scene's Ronnie Nathanielz and revealed his desire of expanding Pacquiao's MP Promotions. Koncz had reportedly talked to an influential business magnate based in New York and TV agent Michael King, who both want to "invest in Manny and invest in the sport of boxing." Koncz also said then that they were planning on having a sit-down meeting with rapper 50 cent regarding some of his fighters. "I think we can make MP Promotions a truly viable, competitive company."
Koncz also revealed their plans of recruiting and signing great boxers to their stables eventually like some "high-caliber Mexican fighters."
If Pacquiao decides to sell his name under his own company, will the much-talked about mega fight between him and Floyd Mayweather finally take place? Mayweather previously said that he will not do business with Arum anymore, so if the Filipino boxer cut ties with Top Rank, will the mega fight finally happen?
Millions of boxing fans all over the world still want to see Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Boxingnews24.com reported. Many boxing fans would rather see Pacquiao fight Mayweather rather than Juan Manuel Marquez. The report said that fans would rather see Mayweather square it off with Pacquiao than a rematch with Marcos Maidana.
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight