Pacquiao Reportedly to Start Promoting Self Under Own MP Promotions
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 9, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Manny Pacquiao is reportedly contemplating on promoting himself under his own MP Promotions and even doing business with other promoters.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines greets a fan as he makes his official arrival at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
According to Ring TV, Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz revealed that a contract extension with Bob Arum's Top Rank is possible. However, Koncz also said that they need to weigh the things and ensure that their decision would be the best for Pacquiao at this point in time. "Bob has been good to us and we have nothing negative to say about Top Rank but we have to decide what's best for Manny at this stage of his career," Koncz said.
Koncz said that if Pacquiao does not extend his contract with Top Rank, the eight-division world champion might just promote himself under his own name. "If we don't' extend our contract with Top Rank, we may go out on our own and promoter ourselves."
"Maybe we'll have a partner and promote ourselves."
In January, Koncz spoke with Boxing Scene's Ronnie Nathanielz and revealed his desire of expanding Pacquiao's MP Promotions. Koncz had reportedly talked to an influential business magnate based in New York and TV agent Michael King, who both want to "invest in Manny and invest in the sport of boxing." Koncz also said then that they were planning on having a sit-down meeting with rapper 50 cent regarding some of his fighters. "I think we can make MP Promotions a truly viable, competitive company."
Koncz also revealed their plans of recruiting and signing great boxers to their stables eventually like some "high-caliber Mexican fighters."
If Pacquiao decides to sell his name under his own company, will the much-talked about mega fight between him and Floyd Mayweather finally take place? Mayweather previously said that he will not do business with Arum anymore, so if the Filipino boxer cut ties with Top Rank, will the mega fight finally happen?
Millions of boxing fans all over the world still want to see Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Boxingnews24.com reported. Many boxing fans would rather see Pacquiao fight Mayweather rather than Juan Manuel Marquez. The report said that fans would rather see Mayweather square it off with Pacquiao than a rematch with Marcos Maidana.
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage