Pacquiao Reportedly to Start Promoting Self Under Own MP Promotions
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 9, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Manny Pacquiao is reportedly contemplating on promoting himself under his own MP Promotions and even doing business with other promoters.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines greets a fan as he makes his official arrival at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas
According to Ring TV, Pacquiao's financial adviser Michael Koncz revealed that a contract extension with Bob Arum's Top Rank is possible. However, Koncz also said that they need to weigh the things and ensure that their decision would be the best for Pacquiao at this point in time. "Bob has been good to us and we have nothing negative to say about Top Rank but we have to decide what's best for Manny at this stage of his career," Koncz said.
Koncz said that if Pacquiao does not extend his contract with Top Rank, the eight-division world champion might just promote himself under his own name. "If we don't' extend our contract with Top Rank, we may go out on our own and promoter ourselves."
"Maybe we'll have a partner and promote ourselves."
In January, Koncz spoke with Boxing Scene's Ronnie Nathanielz and revealed his desire of expanding Pacquiao's MP Promotions. Koncz had reportedly talked to an influential business magnate based in New York and TV agent Michael King, who both want to "invest in Manny and invest in the sport of boxing." Koncz also said then that they were planning on having a sit-down meeting with rapper 50 cent regarding some of his fighters. "I think we can make MP Promotions a truly viable, competitive company."
Koncz also revealed their plans of recruiting and signing great boxers to their stables eventually like some "high-caliber Mexican fighters."
If Pacquiao decides to sell his name under his own company, will the much-talked about mega fight between him and Floyd Mayweather finally take place? Mayweather previously said that he will not do business with Arum anymore, so if the Filipino boxer cut ties with Top Rank, will the mega fight finally happen?
Millions of boxing fans all over the world still want to see Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Boxingnews24.com reported. Many boxing fans would rather see Pacquiao fight Mayweather rather than Juan Manuel Marquez. The report said that fans would rather see Mayweather square it off with Pacquiao than a rematch with Marcos Maidana.
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices