2014 NFL Draft: Tracker & Latest Trades, Radio, TV Schedule, Live Blog Information
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 9, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The 2014 NFL Entry Draft has finally arrived. The period of anxiousness is over. On Thursday at 8:00 p.m ET or 10:00 am (Sydney Time) at the iconic Radio City Music Hall, NFL fans will know the next generation of football superstars and the place where they will build their legendary careers.
For the first time in NFL history, the draft will take place in May after holding the previous entry drafts in April roughly three months after the college football season.
Every draft is always filled with surprises and this year won't be an exception. Aside from the top prospects like South Carolina linebacker Jadeveon Clowney, Central Florida's Blake Bortles and former Heisman Trophy winner & Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, there's got to be hidden gems in the draft.
Of course, the draft won't be that without plenty of trades among teams. Draft night trades are the ones that make every selection interesting. Sometime, blockbuster deals on this particular night become a pivotal point for a franchise to realize their Super Bowl aspirations. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks, who are powered by picks Russell Wilson (3rd round, 75th in 2012) and Richard Sherman (5th round, no.154 overall in 2011).
Speculations are everywhere and rumours about trade transactions seem to be limitless. However, starting on Thursday, all of these analysis and scouting reports about the prospects will be thrown out of the window, once teams begins selecting the players whom they believe fits their core.
Here's one of many pre-draft analysis courtesy of Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio:
"Speaking of the No. 1 selection, there's a chance the Texans could try to trade down and draft a quarterback lower than No. 1. Unless another team emerges as a clear contender to move up, the Lions could play the Texans against the Rams to get a better deal for the No. 1 or No. 2 pick."
NFL Draft & Trade Tracker
Fans can follow the 2014 NFL Draft on ESPN's Draft Tracker. They can also stay tune on ESPN Radio for the latest development while ESPN NFL Draft Live Blog will provide the hottest rumor and negotiation at press time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’