2014 NFL Draft: Tracker & Latest Trades, Radio, TV Schedule, Live Blog Information
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 9, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The 2014 NFL Entry Draft has finally arrived. The period of anxiousness is over. On Thursday at 8:00 p.m ET or 10:00 am (Sydney Time) at the iconic Radio City Music Hall, NFL fans will know the next generation of football superstars and the place where they will build their legendary careers.
For the first time in NFL history, the draft will take place in May after holding the previous entry drafts in April roughly three months after the college football season.
Every draft is always filled with surprises and this year won't be an exception. Aside from the top prospects like South Carolina linebacker Jadeveon Clowney, Central Florida's Blake Bortles and former Heisman Trophy winner & Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, there's got to be hidden gems in the draft.
Of course, the draft won't be that without plenty of trades among teams. Draft night trades are the ones that make every selection interesting. Sometime, blockbuster deals on this particular night become a pivotal point for a franchise to realize their Super Bowl aspirations. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks, who are powered by picks Russell Wilson (3rd round, 75th in 2012) and Richard Sherman (5th round, no.154 overall in 2011).
Speculations are everywhere and rumours about trade transactions seem to be limitless. However, starting on Thursday, all of these analysis and scouting reports about the prospects will be thrown out of the window, once teams begins selecting the players whom they believe fits their core.
Here's one of many pre-draft analysis courtesy of Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio:
"Speaking of the No. 1 selection, there's a chance the Texans could try to trade down and draft a quarterback lower than No. 1. Unless another team emerges as a clear contender to move up, the Lions could play the Texans against the Rams to get a better deal for the No. 1 or No. 2 pick."
NFL Draft & Trade Tracker
Fans can follow the 2014 NFL Draft on ESPN's Draft Tracker. They can also stay tune on ESPN Radio for the latest development while ESPN NFL Draft Live Blog will provide the hottest rumor and negotiation at press time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up