2014 NFL Draft: Tracker & Latest Trades, Radio, TV Schedule, Live Blog Information
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 9, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The 2014 NFL Entry Draft has finally arrived. The period of anxiousness is over. On Thursday at 8:00 p.m ET or 10:00 am (Sydney Time) at the iconic Radio City Music Hall, NFL fans will know the next generation of football superstars and the place where they will build their legendary careers.
For the first time in NFL history, the draft will take place in May after holding the previous entry drafts in April roughly three months after the college football season.
Every draft is always filled with surprises and this year won't be an exception. Aside from the top prospects like South Carolina linebacker Jadeveon Clowney, Central Florida's Blake Bortles and former Heisman Trophy winner & Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, there's got to be hidden gems in the draft.
Of course, the draft won't be that without plenty of trades among teams. Draft night trades are the ones that make every selection interesting. Sometime, blockbuster deals on this particular night become a pivotal point for a franchise to realize their Super Bowl aspirations. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks, who are powered by picks Russell Wilson (3rd round, 75th in 2012) and Richard Sherman (5th round, no.154 overall in 2011).
Speculations are everywhere and rumours about trade transactions seem to be limitless. However, starting on Thursday, all of these analysis and scouting reports about the prospects will be thrown out of the window, once teams begins selecting the players whom they believe fits their core.
Here's one of many pre-draft analysis courtesy of Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio:
"Speaking of the No. 1 selection, there's a chance the Texans could try to trade down and draft a quarterback lower than No. 1. Unless another team emerges as a clear contender to move up, the Lions could play the Texans against the Rams to get a better deal for the No. 1 or No. 2 pick."
NFL Draft & Trade Tracker
Fans can follow the 2014 NFL Draft on ESPN's Draft Tracker. They can also stay tune on ESPN Radio for the latest development while ESPN NFL Draft Live Blog will provide the hottest rumor and negotiation at press time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon