2014 NFL Draft: Tracker & Latest Trades, Radio, TV Schedule, Live Blog Information
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 9, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The 2014 NFL Entry Draft has finally arrived. The period of anxiousness is over. On Thursday at 8:00 p.m ET or 10:00 am (Sydney Time) at the iconic Radio City Music Hall, NFL fans will know the next generation of football superstars and the place where they will build their legendary careers.
For the first time in NFL history, the draft will take place in May after holding the previous entry drafts in April roughly three months after the college football season.
Every draft is always filled with surprises and this year won't be an exception. Aside from the top prospects like South Carolina linebacker Jadeveon Clowney, Central Florida's Blake Bortles and former Heisman Trophy winner & Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, there's got to be hidden gems in the draft.
Of course, the draft won't be that without plenty of trades among teams. Draft night trades are the ones that make every selection interesting. Sometime, blockbuster deals on this particular night become a pivotal point for a franchise to realize their Super Bowl aspirations. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks, who are powered by picks Russell Wilson (3rd round, 75th in 2012) and Richard Sherman (5th round, no.154 overall in 2011).
Speculations are everywhere and rumours about trade transactions seem to be limitless. However, starting on Thursday, all of these analysis and scouting reports about the prospects will be thrown out of the window, once teams begins selecting the players whom they believe fits their core.
Here's one of many pre-draft analysis courtesy of Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio:
"Speaking of the No. 1 selection, there's a chance the Texans could try to trade down and draft a quarterback lower than No. 1. Unless another team emerges as a clear contender to move up, the Lions could play the Texans against the Rams to get a better deal for the No. 1 or No. 2 pick."
NFL Draft & Trade Tracker
Fans can follow the 2014 NFL Draft on ESPN's Draft Tracker. They can also stay tune on ESPN Radio for the latest development while ESPN NFL Draft Live Blog will provide the hottest rumor and negotiation at press time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique