2014 NFL Draft: Tracker & Latest Trades, Radio, TV Schedule, Live Blog Information
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 9, 2014 10:41 AM EST
The 2014 NFL Entry Draft has finally arrived. The period of anxiousness is over. On Thursday at 8:00 p.m ET or 10:00 am (Sydney Time) at the iconic Radio City Music Hall, NFL fans will know the next generation of football superstars and the place where they will build their legendary careers.
For the first time in NFL history, the draft will take place in May after holding the previous entry drafts in April roughly three months after the college football season.
Every draft is always filled with surprises and this year won't be an exception. Aside from the top prospects like South Carolina linebacker Jadeveon Clowney, Central Florida's Blake Bortles and former Heisman Trophy winner & Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, there's got to be hidden gems in the draft.
Of course, the draft won't be that without plenty of trades among teams. Draft night trades are the ones that make every selection interesting. Sometime, blockbuster deals on this particular night become a pivotal point for a franchise to realize their Super Bowl aspirations. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks, who are powered by picks Russell Wilson (3rd round, 75th in 2012) and Richard Sherman (5th round, no.154 overall in 2011).
Speculations are everywhere and rumours about trade transactions seem to be limitless. However, starting on Thursday, all of these analysis and scouting reports about the prospects will be thrown out of the window, once teams begins selecting the players whom they believe fits their core.
Here's one of many pre-draft analysis courtesy of Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio:
"Speaking of the No. 1 selection, there's a chance the Texans could try to trade down and draft a quarterback lower than No. 1. Unless another team emerges as a clear contender to move up, the Lions could play the Texans against the Rams to get a better deal for the No. 1 or No. 2 pick."
NFL Draft & Trade Tracker
Fans can follow the 2014 NFL Draft on ESPN's Draft Tracker. They can also stay tune on ESPN Radio for the latest development while ESPN NFL Draft Live Blog will provide the hottest rumor and negotiation at press time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS