Android 4.4.3 KitKat May and June Release for Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
By Precious Silva | May 9, 2014 10:26 AM EST
Google's Android 4.4.3 has been making the headlines for quite some time now. According to recent information, the update will roll out to devices like the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Google Play Edition will follow after. While the changelog and firmware have been sighted, Google has not announced the official roll out. According to recent reports, the release may be in a few weeks between May to June.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich speaks about a dual Windows and Android operating system during his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
According to a report by Android Geeks, the first hint of the Android 4.4.3 update came out several weeks ago when a Nexus 5 running on it was spotted. Following this, Sprint updated its support page providing details about support for Android 4.4.3. However, the US carrier took down the update. Sprint updated its page once more notifying users that the company is still running into problems with the latest firmware.
Initially, the Android 4.4.3 was expected to hit Nexus devices only. However, a Bluetooth SIG log of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition showed that the device was running on Android 4.4.3 KTU72. This hints that Google Play Edition devices are also in line for the update. While Google has not revealed any details, the I/O Conference is just around the corner. If the internet giant will not reveal details of the Android 4.4.3 this May then it will likely shed more light on it during the event.
Other sightings of the device include the "What's New" section of Google Edu Device Setup app under the Play Store. The information listed "Support for Android 4.4.3 and non-Nexus Tablets." Additionally, the official @googlenexus Twitter account posted accidentally a screenshot of the new app together with the Nexus 5 running on Android 4.4.3 with build number KTU84F.
According to AndroidPIT, people can expect interface changes from the Android 4.4.3. According to the report, Google may be moving towards a similar interface design as the LG Optimus UI. Analysts are on the lookout whether Google will treat the GEL as a native application for the devices in line. Some predict that the company may lauinch the APK official through the Play Store for everyone to get.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast