Android 4.4.3 KitKat May and June Release for Google Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10
By Precious Silva | May 9, 2014 10:26 AM EST
Google's Android 4.4.3 has been making the headlines for quite some time now. According to recent information, the update will roll out to devices like the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Google Play Edition will follow after. While the changelog and firmware have been sighted, Google has not announced the official roll out. According to recent reports, the release may be in a few weeks between May to June.
Intel CEO Brian Krzanich speaks about a dual Windows and Android operating system during his keynote address during the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 6, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
According to a report by Android Geeks, the first hint of the Android 4.4.3 update came out several weeks ago when a Nexus 5 running on it was spotted. Following this, Sprint updated its support page providing details about support for Android 4.4.3. However, the US carrier took down the update. Sprint updated its page once more notifying users that the company is still running into problems with the latest firmware.
Initially, the Android 4.4.3 was expected to hit Nexus devices only. However, a Bluetooth SIG log of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition showed that the device was running on Android 4.4.3 KTU72. This hints that Google Play Edition devices are also in line for the update. While Google has not revealed any details, the I/O Conference is just around the corner. If the internet giant will not reveal details of the Android 4.4.3 this May then it will likely shed more light on it during the event.
Other sightings of the device include the "What's New" section of Google Edu Device Setup app under the Play Store. The information listed "Support for Android 4.4.3 and non-Nexus Tablets." Additionally, the official @googlenexus Twitter account posted accidentally a screenshot of the new app together with the Nexus 5 running on Android 4.4.3 with build number KTU84F.
According to AndroidPIT, people can expect interface changes from the Android 4.4.3. According to the report, Google may be moving towards a similar interface design as the LG Optimus UI. Analysts are on the lookout whether Google will treat the GEL as a native application for the devices in line. Some predict that the company may lauinch the APK official through the Play Store for everyone to get.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates