‘Gotham’ Extended Trailer Released: James Gordon Meets Young Bruce Wayne [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 9, 2014 9:23 AM EST
Exposing the world before Batman was known to humanity, Fox offers fans the upcoming Batman prequel "Gotham" hailed from one of the popular DC Comics stories. As the newly released extended trailer suggests, the story of Gotham happens way before Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Poison Ivy and Batman himself existed.
A boy poses for photographs in front of a replica Batman made of balloons at a balloon-themed carnival in Hefei, Anhui province, April 26, 2014. The carnival kicked off on Saturday and will last till June 8, 2014, local media reported.
The "Gotham" series, according to information from the Fox Web site, is going to be a star-studded TV series starring "Southland" star Ben McKenzie, playing the role of the infamous police commissioner James Gordon, and "Touch" star David Mazouz as young Bruce Wayne (the future Batman).
Various reports confirm the TV series has finally gotten the green light, as Fox announced "Gotham" will be gracing the screens this coming fall in the US.
From the executive producer and writer Bruno Heller, "Gotham" will come to life. Fox reveals "Gotham" is an origin story of the popular DC comics "super villains and vigilantes" that opens up to an "entirely new chapter" never been told before.
Other stars smarting up for "Gotham" are "Sons of Anarchy" star Donal Logue as police legend Harvey Bullock; young star Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, future Catwoman; "Camelot" star Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, ex-marine and protector of Bruce Wayne; "The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. The Penguin; and last but not the least, Will Smitt's wife Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney.
"I'm super excited about Gotham," Donal Logue told E! News concerning his being cast in the upcoming TV series.
"He might be pretty morally reprehensible too," Logue added, talking about his character. "Harvey Bullock, he definitely has walked on both sides. Harvey's a detective the way that right now Rollins is a detective. There's a morally ambiguous world that he runs in."
Apparently, the black-caped crusader will not be making an appearance in Gotham city, but Fox has made it apparent Jim Gordon meeting young Bruce Wayne will be making an impact to many Batman fans.
A fan voicing out comments on YouTube thinks this might be "by far the best DC made TV show ever" because it has no powered up guys but only normal people working and living with normal people with evil minds. So what do you think?
WATCH: 'Gotham' Official Extended Trailer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand