‘Gotham’ Extended Trailer Released: James Gordon Meets Young Bruce Wayne [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 9, 2014 9:23 AM EST
Exposing the world before Batman was known to humanity, Fox offers fans the upcoming Batman prequel "Gotham" hailed from one of the popular DC Comics stories. As the newly released extended trailer suggests, the story of Gotham happens way before Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Poison Ivy and Batman himself existed.
A boy poses for photographs in front of a replica Batman made of balloons at a balloon-themed carnival in Hefei, Anhui province, April 26, 2014. The carnival kicked off on Saturday and will last till June 8, 2014, local media reported.
The "Gotham" series, according to information from the Fox Web site, is going to be a star-studded TV series starring "Southland" star Ben McKenzie, playing the role of the infamous police commissioner James Gordon, and "Touch" star David Mazouz as young Bruce Wayne (the future Batman).
Various reports confirm the TV series has finally gotten the green light, as Fox announced "Gotham" will be gracing the screens this coming fall in the US.
From the executive producer and writer Bruno Heller, "Gotham" will come to life. Fox reveals "Gotham" is an origin story of the popular DC comics "super villains and vigilantes" that opens up to an "entirely new chapter" never been told before.
Other stars smarting up for "Gotham" are "Sons of Anarchy" star Donal Logue as police legend Harvey Bullock; young star Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, future Catwoman; "Camelot" star Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, ex-marine and protector of Bruce Wayne; "The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. The Penguin; and last but not the least, Will Smitt's wife Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney.
"I'm super excited about Gotham," Donal Logue told E! News concerning his being cast in the upcoming TV series.
"He might be pretty morally reprehensible too," Logue added, talking about his character. "Harvey Bullock, he definitely has walked on both sides. Harvey's a detective the way that right now Rollins is a detective. There's a morally ambiguous world that he runs in."
Apparently, the black-caped crusader will not be making an appearance in Gotham city, but Fox has made it apparent Jim Gordon meeting young Bruce Wayne will be making an impact to many Batman fans.
A fan voicing out comments on YouTube thinks this might be "by far the best DC made TV show ever" because it has no powered up guys but only normal people working and living with normal people with evil minds. So what do you think?
WATCH: 'Gotham' Official Extended Trailer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date