‘Gotham’ Extended Trailer Released: James Gordon Meets Young Bruce Wayne [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | May 9, 2014 9:23 AM EST
Exposing the world before Batman was known to humanity, Fox offers fans the upcoming Batman prequel "Gotham" hailed from one of the popular DC Comics stories. As the newly released extended trailer suggests, the story of Gotham happens way before Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Poison Ivy and Batman himself existed.
A boy poses for photographs in front of a replica Batman made of balloons at a balloon-themed carnival in Hefei, Anhui province, April 26, 2014. The carnival kicked off on Saturday and will last till June 8, 2014, local media reported.
The "Gotham" series, according to information from the Fox Web site, is going to be a star-studded TV series starring "Southland" star Ben McKenzie, playing the role of the infamous police commissioner James Gordon, and "Touch" star David Mazouz as young Bruce Wayne (the future Batman).
Various reports confirm the TV series has finally gotten the green light, as Fox announced "Gotham" will be gracing the screens this coming fall in the US.
From the executive producer and writer Bruno Heller, "Gotham" will come to life. Fox reveals "Gotham" is an origin story of the popular DC comics "super villains and vigilantes" that opens up to an "entirely new chapter" never been told before.
Other stars smarting up for "Gotham" are "Sons of Anarchy" star Donal Logue as police legend Harvey Bullock; young star Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, future Catwoman; "Camelot" star Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, ex-marine and protector of Bruce Wayne; "The Walking Dead" star Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. The Penguin; and last but not the least, Will Smitt's wife Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney.
"I'm super excited about Gotham," Donal Logue told E! News concerning his being cast in the upcoming TV series.
"He might be pretty morally reprehensible too," Logue added, talking about his character. "Harvey Bullock, he definitely has walked on both sides. Harvey's a detective the way that right now Rollins is a detective. There's a morally ambiguous world that he runs in."
Apparently, the black-caped crusader will not be making an appearance in Gotham city, but Fox has made it apparent Jim Gordon meeting young Bruce Wayne will be making an impact to many Batman fans.
A fan voicing out comments on YouTube thinks this might be "by far the best DC made TV show ever" because it has no powered up guys but only normal people working and living with normal people with evil minds. So what do you think?
WATCH: 'Gotham' Official Extended Trailer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier