'American Idol' 2014: Jessica Meuse or Alex Preston Could be Sent Home; Where to Watch Elimination Round Live
By Raymond Ronamai | May 9, 2014 12:32 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just three contestants tonight with one of them to be eliminated based on America's vote. The remaining top four hopefuls performed live before judges on Wednesday.
Screenshot from American Idol
Jena Irene "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
The elimination episode of "American Idol" will be telecast at 9:00 pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday). Sam Woolf was eliminated last week.
The remaining contestants were made to sing three songs - breakup, makeup and dedication - on Wednesday. Going by last night's performances, Jessica Meuse and Alex Preston could land up in the bottom two.
Here is Recap of Wednesday's Episode:
Caleb Johnson: "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi was the first song he sang on Wednesday. It was a good rendition but not a performance that would ring in your mind a few minutes after he completes it. In short, it's a predictable song. His second song was "Travelin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, and he nailed it. In short, it was a terrific song choice beautifully sang.
Johnson then amazed everyone with his beautiful rendition of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed." Audience heard the softer side of him, and it was a great way to end the week.
Jessica Meuse: She started her performance for the night with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Her performance was fine but she could have done a little better. She then took on "So What" by Pink but it also failed to convince the judges. Her final song was "You and I" by Lady GaGa. It was a reasonably good performance, much better than her earlier performances of the night.
Alex Preston: He got into a good start with a beautiful rendition of "Too Close" by Alex Clare. However, there was nothing special in his second song, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz though he sounded good. It looked like he could have made the song his own a little more. His last song, "Yellow" by Coldplay was a killer though, earning praises from Harry, who is hard to please.
Jena Irene: She started the night with "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar and it was a killer performance. Her second song was "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. It was a good performance with unique interpretation but not one that will be remembered for long. However, she ended with a beautiful rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley, earning praises from the judges, and even got a kiss from Jennifer Lopez for it.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from American Idol YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch