'American Idol' 2014: Jessica Meuse or Alex Preston Could be Sent Home; Where to Watch Elimination Round Live
By Raymond Ronamai | May 9, 2014 12:32 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just three contestants tonight with one of them to be eliminated based on America's vote. The remaining top four hopefuls performed live before judges on Wednesday.
Screenshot from American Idol
Jena Irene "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
The elimination episode of "American Idol" will be telecast at 9:00 pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday). Sam Woolf was eliminated last week.
The remaining contestants were made to sing three songs - breakup, makeup and dedication - on Wednesday. Going by last night's performances, Jessica Meuse and Alex Preston could land up in the bottom two.
Here is Recap of Wednesday's Episode:
Caleb Johnson: "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi was the first song he sang on Wednesday. It was a good rendition but not a performance that would ring in your mind a few minutes after he completes it. In short, it's a predictable song. His second song was "Travelin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, and he nailed it. In short, it was a terrific song choice beautifully sang.
Johnson then amazed everyone with his beautiful rendition of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed." Audience heard the softer side of him, and it was a great way to end the week.
Jessica Meuse: She started her performance for the night with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Her performance was fine but she could have done a little better. She then took on "So What" by Pink but it also failed to convince the judges. Her final song was "You and I" by Lady GaGa. It was a reasonably good performance, much better than her earlier performances of the night.
Alex Preston: He got into a good start with a beautiful rendition of "Too Close" by Alex Clare. However, there was nothing special in his second song, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz though he sounded good. It looked like he could have made the song his own a little more. His last song, "Yellow" by Coldplay was a killer though, earning praises from Harry, who is hard to please.
Jena Irene: She started the night with "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar and it was a killer performance. Her second song was "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. It was a good performance with unique interpretation but not one that will be remembered for long. However, she ended with a beautiful rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley, earning praises from the judges, and even got a kiss from Jennifer Lopez for it.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from American Idol YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'