'American Idol' 2014: Jessica Meuse or Alex Preston Could be Sent Home; Where to Watch Elimination Round Live
By Raymond Ronamai | May 9, 2014 12:32 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just three contestants tonight with one of them to be eliminated based on America's vote. The remaining top four hopefuls performed live before judges on Wednesday.
Screenshot from American Idol
Jena Irene "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
The elimination episode of "American Idol" will be telecast at 9:00 pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday). Sam Woolf was eliminated last week.
The remaining contestants were made to sing three songs - breakup, makeup and dedication - on Wednesday. Going by last night's performances, Jessica Meuse and Alex Preston could land up in the bottom two.
Here is Recap of Wednesday's Episode:
Caleb Johnson: "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi was the first song he sang on Wednesday. It was a good rendition but not a performance that would ring in your mind a few minutes after he completes it. In short, it's a predictable song. His second song was "Travelin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, and he nailed it. In short, it was a terrific song choice beautifully sang.
Johnson then amazed everyone with his beautiful rendition of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed." Audience heard the softer side of him, and it was a great way to end the week.
Jessica Meuse: She started her performance for the night with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Her performance was fine but she could have done a little better. She then took on "So What" by Pink but it also failed to convince the judges. Her final song was "You and I" by Lady GaGa. It was a reasonably good performance, much better than her earlier performances of the night.
Alex Preston: He got into a good start with a beautiful rendition of "Too Close" by Alex Clare. However, there was nothing special in his second song, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz though he sounded good. It looked like he could have made the song his own a little more. His last song, "Yellow" by Coldplay was a killer though, earning praises from Harry, who is hard to please.
Jena Irene: She started the night with "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar and it was a killer performance. Her second song was "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. It was a good performance with unique interpretation but not one that will be remembered for long. However, she ended with a beautiful rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley, earning praises from the judges, and even got a kiss from Jennifer Lopez for it.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from American Idol YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet