'American Idol' 2014: Jessica Meuse or Alex Preston Could be Sent Home; Where to Watch Elimination Round Live
By Raymond Ronamai | May 9, 2014 12:32 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just three contestants tonight with one of them to be eliminated based on America's vote. The remaining top four hopefuls performed live before judges on Wednesday.
Screenshot from American Idol
Jena Irene "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
The elimination episode of "American Idol" will be telecast at 9:00 pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday). Sam Woolf was eliminated last week.
The remaining contestants were made to sing three songs - breakup, makeup and dedication - on Wednesday. Going by last night's performances, Jessica Meuse and Alex Preston could land up in the bottom two.
Here is Recap of Wednesday's Episode:
Caleb Johnson: "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi was the first song he sang on Wednesday. It was a good rendition but not a performance that would ring in your mind a few minutes after he completes it. In short, it's a predictable song. His second song was "Travelin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, and he nailed it. In short, it was a terrific song choice beautifully sang.
Johnson then amazed everyone with his beautiful rendition of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed." Audience heard the softer side of him, and it was a great way to end the week.
Jessica Meuse: She started her performance for the night with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Her performance was fine but she could have done a little better. She then took on "So What" by Pink but it also failed to convince the judges. Her final song was "You and I" by Lady GaGa. It was a reasonably good performance, much better than her earlier performances of the night.
Alex Preston: He got into a good start with a beautiful rendition of "Too Close" by Alex Clare. However, there was nothing special in his second song, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz though he sounded good. It looked like he could have made the song his own a little more. His last song, "Yellow" by Coldplay was a killer though, earning praises from Harry, who is hard to please.
Jena Irene: She started the night with "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar and it was a killer performance. Her second song was "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. It was a good performance with unique interpretation but not one that will be remembered for long. However, she ended with a beautiful rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley, earning praises from the judges, and even got a kiss from Jennifer Lopez for it.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from American Idol YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air