'American Idol' 2014: Jessica Meuse or Alex Preston Could be Sent Home; Where to Watch Elimination Round Live
By Raymond Ronamai | May 9, 2014 12:32 AM EST
"American Idol" 2014 will be down to just three contestants tonight with one of them to be eliminated based on America's vote. The remaining top four hopefuls performed live before judges on Wednesday.
Screenshot from American Idol
Jena Irene "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley
The elimination episode of "American Idol" will be telecast at 9:00 pm EST Thursday on Fox (7:30am IST, Friday). Sam Woolf was eliminated last week.
The remaining contestants were made to sing three songs - breakup, makeup and dedication - on Wednesday. Going by last night's performances, Jessica Meuse and Alex Preston could land up in the bottom two.
Here is Recap of Wednesday's Episode:
Caleb Johnson: "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi was the first song he sang on Wednesday. It was a good rendition but not a performance that would ring in your mind a few minutes after he completes it. In short, it's a predictable song. His second song was "Travelin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, and he nailed it. In short, it was a terrific song choice beautifully sang.
Johnson then amazed everyone with his beautiful rendition of Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed." Audience heard the softer side of him, and it was a great way to end the week.
Jessica Meuse: She started her performance for the night with Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone". Her performance was fine but she could have done a little better. She then took on "So What" by Pink but it also failed to convince the judges. Her final song was "You and I" by Lady GaGa. It was a reasonably good performance, much better than her earlier performances of the night.
Alex Preston: He got into a good start with a beautiful rendition of "Too Close" by Alex Clare. However, there was nothing special in his second song, "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz though he sounded good. It looked like he could have made the song his own a little more. His last song, "Yellow" by Coldplay was a killer though, earning praises from Harry, who is hard to please.
Jena Irene: She started the night with "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar and it was a killer performance. Her second song was "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. It was a good performance with unique interpretation but not one that will be remembered for long. However, she ended with a beautiful rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley, earning praises from the judges, and even got a kiss from Jennifer Lopez for it.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from American Idol YouTube Video)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists