Samsung Galaxy S5 in Copper Gold? Verizon May be the First to Offer the New Color
By Sachin Trivedi | May 9, 2014 12:09 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 may soon be coming in a copper gold color option from Verizon.
Analysts expect the new color variant could boost the sales of the device. The release date for the new variant is not known but is expected very soon.
A man uses his mobile phone in front of a giant advertisement promoting Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy S5 smartphone, at an art hall in central Seoul, in this file picture taken April 15, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on April 29, 2014 said it expected stronger earnings in the second quarter as a pickup in sales of high-end televisions and smartphones spurs growth, after it posted its second straight fall in quarterly profit. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
According to a tweet posted by evleaks, Verizon may soon be launching a copper gold variant of Samsung Galaxy S5. But fans seemed to be interested in the blue color variant. Many wonder what other colors the popular phone will be available.
In the previous year, the color variants of smartphones were a huge issue with fans fighting over who launched the first gold variant: Apple or Samsung? iPhone 5S gained huge popularity for its gold color option and Samsung had launched two new color variants: gold brown and gold pink for Galaxy S4.
The new color offerings may not be a raging controversy this year, but fans are excited to see the new colors. It is still unclear if other carriers will soon follow and offer other color options. So far the four major mobile carriers in the U.S offer Samsung Galaxy S5 in only white and black.
The gold color of Samsung Galaxy S5 has already gone on sale in India. There is no price difference for the new color and the device is selling for Rs. 51500 or around AU$920, which includes taxes. Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$799.95 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has gained a great degree of popularity in the U.S. Some media reports suggested the device sold more units on launch day than the popular iPhone 5S. Fans following for both the companies are fierce and tend to be very vocal about their choices in a smartphone.
Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 gold variant make waves at the launch date? The company is reportedly preparing to launch a premium variant of the device called Galaxy S5 Prime, suggesting the announcement will be in June 2014.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specs: Improvements to Expect From the Galaxy S4 Mini [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Tab S to be Released Soon? Features and Specs [Rumours] [Read]
iPhone 6 Rumors: Why Apple Needs a Big Screen Device [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown