Samsung Galaxy S5 in Copper Gold? Verizon May be the First to Offer the New Color
By Sachin Trivedi | May 9, 2014 12:09 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 may soon be coming in a copper gold color option from Verizon.
Analysts expect the new color variant could boost the sales of the device. The release date for the new variant is not known but is expected very soon.
A man uses his mobile phone in front of a giant advertisement promoting Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy S5 smartphone, at an art hall in central Seoul, in this file picture taken April 15, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on April 29, 2014 said it expected stronger earnings in the second quarter as a pickup in sales of high-end televisions and smartphones spurs growth, after it posted its second straight fall in quarterly profit. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
According to a tweet posted by evleaks, Verizon may soon be launching a copper gold variant of Samsung Galaxy S5. But fans seemed to be interested in the blue color variant. Many wonder what other colors the popular phone will be available.
In the previous year, the color variants of smartphones were a huge issue with fans fighting over who launched the first gold variant: Apple or Samsung? iPhone 5S gained huge popularity for its gold color option and Samsung had launched two new color variants: gold brown and gold pink for Galaxy S4.
The new color offerings may not be a raging controversy this year, but fans are excited to see the new colors. It is still unclear if other carriers will soon follow and offer other color options. So far the four major mobile carriers in the U.S offer Samsung Galaxy S5 in only white and black.
The gold color of Samsung Galaxy S5 has already gone on sale in India. There is no price difference for the new color and the device is selling for Rs. 51500 or around AU$920, which includes taxes. Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$799.95 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has gained a great degree of popularity in the U.S. Some media reports suggested the device sold more units on launch day than the popular iPhone 5S. Fans following for both the companies are fierce and tend to be very vocal about their choices in a smartphone.
Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 gold variant make waves at the launch date? The company is reportedly preparing to launch a premium variant of the device called Galaxy S5 Prime, suggesting the announcement will be in June 2014.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specs: Improvements to Expect From the Galaxy S4 Mini [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Tab S to be Released Soon? Features and Specs [Rumours] [Read]
iPhone 6 Rumors: Why Apple Needs a Big Screen Device [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand