Samsung Galaxy S5 in Copper Gold? Verizon May be the First to Offer the New Color
By Sachin Trivedi | May 9, 2014 12:09 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 may soon be coming in a copper gold color option from Verizon.
Analysts expect the new color variant could boost the sales of the device. The release date for the new variant is not known but is expected very soon.
A man uses his mobile phone in front of a giant advertisement promoting Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy S5 smartphone, at an art hall in central Seoul, in this file picture taken April 15, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on April 29, 2014 said it expected stronger earnings in the second quarter as a pickup in sales of high-end televisions and smartphones spurs growth, after it posted its second straight fall in quarterly profit. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/Files
According to a tweet posted by evleaks, Verizon may soon be launching a copper gold variant of Samsung Galaxy S5. But fans seemed to be interested in the blue color variant. Many wonder what other colors the popular phone will be available.
In the previous year, the color variants of smartphones were a huge issue with fans fighting over who launched the first gold variant: Apple or Samsung? iPhone 5S gained huge popularity for its gold color option and Samsung had launched two new color variants: gold brown and gold pink for Galaxy S4.
The new color offerings may not be a raging controversy this year, but fans are excited to see the new colors. It is still unclear if other carriers will soon follow and offer other color options. So far the four major mobile carriers in the U.S offer Samsung Galaxy S5 in only white and black.
The gold color of Samsung Galaxy S5 has already gone on sale in India. There is no price difference for the new color and the device is selling for Rs. 51500 or around AU$920, which includes taxes. Samsung Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$799.95 in Australia.
Samsung Galaxy S5 has gained a great degree of popularity in the U.S. Some media reports suggested the device sold more units on launch day than the popular iPhone 5S. Fans following for both the companies are fierce and tend to be very vocal about their choices in a smartphone.
Will the Samsung Galaxy S5 gold variant make waves at the launch date? The company is reportedly preparing to launch a premium variant of the device called Galaxy S5 Prime, suggesting the announcement will be in June 2014.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Leaked Specs: Improvements to Expect From the Galaxy S4 Mini [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Tab S to be Released Soon? Features and Specs [Rumours] [Read]
iPhone 6 Rumors: Why Apple Needs a Big Screen Device [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’